Posted to dev@thrift.apache.org by Chris Goffinet <go...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2008/09/25 20:33:27 UTC

Thrift + Stackless Python

Hi

Has anyone considered writing a server using Stackless Python? Looking
at the existing options
(SimpleServer,ThreadedServer,ThreadPool,ForkServer), Fork is tempting
because it doesn't affect using the GIL and is more scalable but the
base python doesn't have erlang type concurrency with message passing.
I would be interested if anyone has thoughts? Our application is
needing to have a dedicated thread for a persistent database pool, and
having something like Stackless could be interesting when passing
messages to tasklets.

--
Chris Goffinet
MyBlogLog Senior Performance Engineer