Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Gerald Turner <gt...@calufrax.unzane.com> on 2003/03/04 18:27:05 UTC

Re: DBCP deadlock patch

Rodney Waldhoff <rw...@apache.org> writes:

> I saw the bugzilla note come through, but I haven't had a chance to
> take a detailed look at it yet.  Hopefully I should be able to get to
> this by the end of the week (unless someone beats me to it, hint, hint
> :).

Have you had a chance to look at it yet?  I noticed Tomcat 4.1.21 Beta
was just released and I was hoping this patch would make it into a new
DBCP release for inclusion in the next release of Tomcat.

BTW, the patch is really basic (inserts additional property passing
statements) and fits the exsisting coding style.

I'm beginning to think I'm the only victim of an ill-configured
corporate firewall (Cisco PIX, NAT occurs between LAN and DMZ,
unroutable connections hang on open).  Why just the other week I was
battling an RMI problem with similar symptoms - I'm having to write my
own idle timer for a JMS connection :(

--
Gerald Turner    Email: gturner@unzane.com    Phone: (503) 788-1720
GPG: 0xFA8CD6D5  21D9 B2E8 7FE7 F19E 5F7D  4D0C 3FA0 810F FA8C D6D5