Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Chris Lewis <ch...@bellsouth.net> on 2008/01/28 14:47:05 UTC

Re: T5 ExceptionReporter

I love puns :-).

This indeed would be a useful feature, if somehow T5 had a notion of
execution phases, or whatever they might be called. You could easily
build this into your application in a somewhat rigid manner with a
service that reads your prop file and provides access to that setting
(or insulated the logic with method like Application#isInDevelopment).
A more sophisticated implementation could run autonomously and even
add/update parts of pages/components without them knowing about it. That
of course would be a bit more involved..

chris

Re: T5 ExceptionReporter

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
And, of course, you can run your app from your IDE with
-Dtapestry.production-mode=false (for development mode) but leave the
factory default ("true") undisturbed for production.

On Jan 28, 2008 1:43 PM, Chris Lewis <ch...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> Indeed there is. As of r616036 you can use this to toggle the behavior:
>
>     public static void
> contributeFactoryDefaults(MappedConfiguration<String, String> configuration)
>     {
>         configuration.add(TapestryConstants.PRODUCTION_MODE_SYMBOL,
> "true"); //false would be development
>     }
>
> I just noticed this so I don't know what the effects of one mode over
> another are, but from a quick search I see that the ExceptionReport page
> does use it...
>

> Harald Geritzer wrote:
> >
> > from the nightly docs at
> > http://tapestry.formos.com/nightly/tapestry5/tapestry-core/
> >
> > Tapestry now differentiates between development mode and production
> > mode, primarily in how it reports runtime exceptions. It defaults to
> > production mode.
> >
> > guess there must be a switch for this...
> >
> > cheers
> > harald
> >

> > Chris Lewis schrieb:
> >> I love puns :-).
> >>
> >> This indeed would be a useful feature, if somehow T5 had a notion of
> >> execution phases, or whatever they might be called. You could easily
> >> build this into your application in a somewhat rigid manner with a
> >> service that reads your prop file and provides access to that setting
> >> (or insulated the logic with method like Application#isInDevelopment).
> >> A more sophisticated implementation could run autonomously and even
> >> add/update parts of pages/components without them knowing about it.
> >> That of course would be a bit more involved..
> >>
> >> chris

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Re: T5 ExceptionReporter

Posted by Chris Lewis <ch...@bellsouth.net>.