Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Tony Guadagno <to...@guadagno.org> on 2006/04/14 03:36:34 UTC

[users@httpd] many orphaned rotatelog.exe procs

Hi,
  I am using apache 2.2 on windows 2k3.  I stop and start the service using the windows apache monitor utility.  I have noticed that every time I stop the apache service, all the rotatelog.exe 's are orphaned.  In just a couple of restarts, I could have 50 or more orphaned.  they do not exit when apache does.
  Why?  Is here something I can do about this?

Tony Guadagno
Guadagno Consulting
tonyg@guadagno.org
585.703.6700

[users@httpd] many orphaned rotatelog.exe procs - Second Post

Posted by Tony Guadagno <to...@guadagno.org>.
Hi,
  I am using apache 2.2 on windows 2k3.  I stop and start the service using the windows apache monitor utility.  I have noticed that every time I stop the apache service, all the rotatelog.exe 's are orphaned.  In just a couple of restarts, I could have 50 or more orphaned.  they do not exit when apache does.
  Why?  Is here something I can do about this?

If I should post this somewhere else, please let me know.

thanks

Tony Guadagno
Guadagno Consulting
tonyg@guadagno.org