Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by giacomo <gi...@apache.org> on 2001/12/14 09:49:32 UTC

Changes to logkit, framework and excalibur

Hi all

I've made a minor change to the above mentioned sources.

I've changed the the UniqueFileStrategy to enable more formatting
capabilities for the file names and thus added new constructors to pass
a pattern for a SimpleDateFormatter and a suffix to be appended to the
file name.

I've put this new class into the logkit.jar in the tools directory of
the framework sources (simply packed the UniqueFileStrategy class into
it).

I've also changed the FileTargetFactory of the excalibur logging package
to enable these new constructors to be used.

All changes should be backward compatible so that no one will be
disturbed about it.

Giacomo

Re: Changes to logkit, framework and excalibur

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
giacomo wrote:

> On Fri, 14 Dec 2001, Berin Loritsch wrote:
>

>>giacomo wrote:
>>

>>>Hi all
>>>
>>>I've made a minor change to the above mentioned sources.
>>>
>>>I've changed the the UniqueFileStrategy to enable more formatting
>>>capabilities for the file names and thus added new constructors to pass
>>>a pattern for a SimpleDateFormatter and a suffix to be appended to the
>>>file name.
>>>
>>>I've put this new class into the logkit.jar in the tools directory of
>>>the framework sources (simply packed the UniqueFileStrategy class into
>>>it).
>>>
>>>I've also changed the FileTargetFactory of the excalibur logging package
>>>to enable these new constructors to be used.
>>>
>>>All changes should be backward compatible so that no one will be
>>>disturbed about it.
>>>

>>Did you remember to update the LogKit in ${jakarta-avalon}/tools/ext ?
>>

> This is exactly the only change I had to make in Framework
>

>>Excalibur is not compiling....
>>

> I've seen but it has nothing to do with my changes (TransactionalSource,
> SourceException and BlockingQueue).

Aha! I forgot to update Avalon-Framework this morning, and that is why
I am not compiling.

BTW, I fixed the queue stuff.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin

Re: Changes to logkit, framework and excalibur

Posted by giacomo <gi...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 14 Dec 2001, Berin Loritsch wrote:

> giacomo wrote:
>
> > Hi all
> >
> > I've made a minor change to the above mentioned sources.
> >
> > I've changed the the UniqueFileStrategy to enable more formatting
> > capabilities for the file names and thus added new constructors to pass
> > a pattern for a SimpleDateFormatter and a suffix to be appended to the
> > file name.
> >
> > I've put this new class into the logkit.jar in the tools directory of
> > the framework sources (simply packed the UniqueFileStrategy class into
> > it).
> >
> > I've also changed the FileTargetFactory of the excalibur logging package
> > to enable these new constructors to be used.
> >
> > All changes should be backward compatible so that no one will be
> > disturbed about it.
>

> Did you remember to update the LogKit in ${jakarta-avalon}/tools/ext ?

This is exactly the only change I had to make in Framework

> Excalibur is not compiling....

I've seen but it has nothing to do with my changes (TransactionalSource,
SourceException and BlockingQueue).

> Also, the title suggests changes to Framework--what were those changes?

see above.

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.