Posted to dev@mynewt.apache.org by Dhara Solanki <dh...@tile.com.INVALID> on 2020/03/05 19:08:01 UTC

Issues with MSYS2 and pacman for newt on Windows

Hello,

I am having issues with installing MSYS2 from the repo.
I got another version from SourceForge, but when I issue command 'pacman
-Syuu', it says Synchronizing database and then nothing else.

After this if I issue any pacman command, it gets stuck saying 'Cannot
unlock database'.

I have tried more things to move past but unable to.

Was wondering if you have any other suggestions for using mynewt on Windows
platform, or you suggest to move to MAC maybe?

Thanks,
Dhara

Re: Issues with MSYS2 and pacman for newt on Windows

Posted by Szymon Janc <sz...@codecoup.pl>.
Hi,

On Thursday, 5 March 2020 20:08:01 CET Dhara Solanki wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am having issues with installing MSYS2 from the repo.
> I got another version from SourceForge, but when I issue command 'pacman
> -Syuu', it says Synchronizing database and then nothing else.
>
> After this if I issue any pacman command, it gets stuck saying 'Cannot
> unlock database'.
>
> I have tried more things to move past but unable to.
>
> Was wondering if you have any other suggestions for using mynewt on Windows
> platform, or you suggest to move to MAC maybe?

I'm using 64bit version from https://www.msys2.org/ and it seems to work just
fine under Windows 10.

--
pozdrawiam