Posted to repo-maintainers@maven.apache.org by Mark Matthews <ma...@oracle.com> on 2011/11/03 20:17:51 UTC

MySQL Artifacts Moving, Need Maven's Sync Process Inbound Address (Blocks) Please

Hi,

As part of the final cutover to Oracle infrastructure, the rsync server for MySQL's maven artifacts is moving (updates on any changes to apply at your end such as hostname or paths to come in a later e-mail). For that to happen though, I need to know if there's a (set of) address(es) that the Maven processes originate at so that the appropriate permissions can be setup? If you could let me know what those might be as soon as possible, it will help prevent a disruption in keeping the Maven central repository up to date with MySQL-related artifacts.

Thanks!

	-Mark
--
Mark Matthews
Consulting Member, Technical Staff -  MySQL Enterprise Tools

Re: MySQL Artifacts Moving, Need Maven's Sync Process Inbound Address (Blocks) Please

Posted by Juven Xu <ju...@sonatype.com>.
 Hi Mark,

We've planned to stop the old rsync service, and I think it's a good timing
for you to switch to OSSRH:
https://docs.sonatype.org/**display/Repository/Sonatype+**
OSS+Maven+Repository+Usage+**Guide<https://docs.sonatype.org/display/Repository/Sonatype+OSS+Maven+Repository+Usage+Guide>

With this service your artifacts can be synced to Maven Central every 2
hours, and more importantly, we can have rules automatically checking the
quality of artifacts, e.g. POM elements, java sources, pgp signatures etc.

There are already more than 1,500 projects (including junit,
springframework) using this service and sync their artifacts into central.
I believe it will service mysql well.

Thanks,
Juven