Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jari Aarniala <fo...@dlc.fi> on 2000/03/25 00:51:54 UTC

Cocoon2 - sitemaps etc., but when?

| Don't worry, the Cocoon2 XMLSerializer will take care of both encoding,
| output escaping, mime types (even compression, if you wish) directly
| from the sitemap.

There´s been a lot of talk about the sitemap and the other new features to
be included in Cocoon 2, but when can we expect Cocoon to reach that
version? I haven´t followed the project too much so it´d be nice to know.
There are some problems in Cocoon 1.x that seem to be well addressed with
the sitemap-stuff and all, lookin forward for it!

    Jari Aarniala

RE: Cocoon2 - sitemaps etc., but when?

Posted by "K. Rumman Akhter" <ka...@sputnik7.com>.
i need help in this area as well...
RUm

Posted by Michael Schneider <mi...@sdrc.com>.
Sorry for the bandwidth,

Posted by Sven Kuenzler <sv...@tzi.de>.
> There´s been a lot of talk about the sitemap and the other new features to
> be included in Cocoon 2, but when can we expect Cocoon to reach that
> version? I haven´t followed the project too much so it´d be nice to know.
> There are some problems in Cocoon 1.x that seem to be well addressed with
> the sitemap-stuff and all, lookin forward for it!

Hi Jari,

the rough roadmap for Cocoon 2 is

alpha version "real soon" now
beta in June
final in October

 The current Cocoon 2 is available via CVS. I dont know whether sitemaps
are included already.
Some threads in the dev mailing list seem to indicate that there are
still discussions about
how this should exactly look like.

	Sven...