Posted to qa@openoffice.apache.org by Ji Yan <ya...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/29 16:24:08 UTC

FYA new defect with tag [From Symphony]

Recently, a few defects(about 70+) opened with tag "[From Symphony]". I'd
like to share with you what we(Symphony test team) are doing and the
meaning of this tag.

In this week, we spent our effort on AOO interoperability testing, by
running sample files(both MS binary and xml file) loading and saving with
AOO. During this test we found there are some bugs exist in AOO but cannot
be reproduced in Symphony, so we filed issues in bugzilla with this tag
"[From Symphony]" to make everyone clear that specific problem only exist
in AOO but not in Symphony.

More and more defects will come out in the feature, if Symphony has no such
issue the tag will be added to identifyits origin.

Thanks & Best Regards, Yan Ji

Re: FYA new defect with tag [From Symphony]

Posted by Yan Ji <ya...@gmail.com>.
Regina,
    The sample files generated by various version of MS Office including MS Office 2000, Office XP, Office 2003 and Office 2007. We tried to search issues before file in bugzilla, but keyword or search criteria maybe different, so there might be a few duplicate defects exist but hope not too many.

Thanks & Best Regards, Yan Ji

Posted by Regina Henschel <rb...@t-online.de>.
Hi Yan Ji,

Posted by Regina Henschel <rb...@t-online.de>.
Hi,

Yong Lin Ma schrieb:
> They exist in AOO 3.4 release code. But has been fixed in Symphony.

Do you will bring this fixes to AOO? Then you should take this issues.
It can be disappointing to do QA on that issues with confirming, seeking
for duplicates, and tracking down the cause, just to notice, that there
is no need to do so.

Kind regards
Regina

Posted by Yong Lin Ma <ma...@apache.org>.