Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Blayne Maring <bm...@gte.net> on 2001/09/05 01:34:29 UTC

Internal redirect permission?

I am running the latest apache, mod_perl, and embperl on linux.  All work
fine independently.  However, I want to handle all browser requests through
a mod_perl controller and use internal redirect to embperl "templates".  I
can't figure out how to set up httpd.conf to provide permissions for the
redirects.  Getting "ERR 12: open error: Permission denied".

I'm currently using Location tags in httpd.conf and have embperl
applications in a separate directory (called embperl) while mod_perl
applications are in cgi-bin directory.

What am I missing?

Blayne Maring

Re: Internal redirect permission?

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

> I am running the latest apache, mod_perl, and embperl on linux.  All work
> fine independently.  However, I want to handle all browser requests
through
> a mod_perl controller and use internal redirect to embperl "templates".  I
> can't figure out how to set up httpd.conf to provide permissions for the
> redirects.  Getting "ERR 12: open error: Permission denied".

Looks like the user as which Apache runs, doesn't have the right to access
your sourcesfiles on disk. Check the permission settings in the filesystem
(also of the upper level directories)

Gerald