Posted to user@geode.apache.org by Avital Amity <Av...@Amdocs.com> on 2017/01/16 16:21:50 UTC

messages repeating when using CQ Query mechanism

Hi,

When using CQQuery mechanism, when moving from GEMFIRE to GEODE we see differences in server log files including many of the following messages:

[info ...] Entry expiry tasks disabled because the queue became primary. Old messageTimeToLive was: 180
[fine ...] Started closing CQ CqName: ...  SendRequestToServer: false

These messages appear only once when working with Gemfire Server and many (too many) times when working with GEODE server
Any idea what could cause that? In the GEODE client there is only once the CLOSE_CQ trigger

Thanks
Avital

Re: messages repeating when using CQ Query mechanism

Posted by Michael Stolz <ms...@pivotal.io>.
And what versions of Geode and GemFire and C++ client are you trying?

--
Mike Stolz
Principal Engineer, GemFire Product Manager

Posted by Jason Huynh <jh...@pivotal.io>.
Hello,

I am not sure what would cause that to happen.  Just some questions and
ideas, it looks like the first log about disabling expiry is logged when we
create the ha region queue, become a primary queue or start/restop (and
only if the old time to live is > 0.  After being the log, it should be set
to 0, not sure why it keeps getting set back).

The second message is logged obviously when the cq is closed.  If the
client is only doing it one time, I am not sure why you would see so many.
Is it possible that there are many clients or some sort of loop?  Is it
closing the cq for the same cq name and is it on the same server?  Is is