Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Martin Gilday <mg...@imap.cc> on 2006/11/22 16:21:13 UTC

Windows PowerShell

I have begun to use Windows PowerShell on my XP box.  Normally Maven
usage has been fine and I was using a few of the new shells filtering
tools to format the output.  Then I tried a slightly more advanced
command (although still basic).

I tried mvn deploy -Dmaven.test.skip=true.  This gives me the error:
[INFO] Invalid task '.test.skip=true': you must specify a valid
lifecycle phase, or a goal in the format plugin:goal or
pluginGroupId:pluginArtifactId:pluginVersion:goal

This exact same line in a normal command prompt works perfectly.

Has anyone else tried using Maven with Powershell, or any ideas why this
might occur?  I know this might be more a Powershell specific issue but
I would like to know if any other Maven users have the same problem.

Thanks,
Martin.