Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Lee Carroll <le...@aol.com> on 2005/01/08 01:50:42 UTC

How to setup form editor?

I'm having difficulty during the install and set up of the new
release lenya 1.2.1

I've a dev box running xp , tomcat 5.0.28 and  cocoon 2.1.6.

The install and config goes fine but I've a problem with the form editor set
up

In short the forms editor fails on an element insert with a parser exception

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Error executing pipeline.:
file:/C:/tomcat-5.0.28/webapps/lenya/lenya/usecases/edit/../../pubs/default/work/editor/authoring/index/index_en.xml:1:346:org.xml.sax.SAXParseException:
Attribute name "tagID" associated with an element type "html" must be
followed by the ' = ' character.

any ideas ?

Cheers Lee C

Re: xopus doctype schema which include other schemas

Posted by Comiotto Thomas <th...@unicom.unizh.ch>.
Hi Nele

Am 21.01.2005 um 17:26 schrieb Nele Vogel:

> Josias,
>
>> You could search the sitemap.log file for the name of you schema
>> files,
>> and check if anything like "handle-erros" follows.
>> Or set the debug level of the sitemap to DEBUG (in
>> WEB-INF/logkit.xconf), to see more information.
> I set the debug level to DEBUG, but there is nothing in it which is
> related to
> my schema file. Strange.
>
>> Anyway, you could try to remove the default namespaces, just to see
>> what
>> happens.
> I will try that. Thank you for your help!

You can also investigate the files sent to xopus (xsd, xsl) directly
within your browser, eg. pubname/authoring/doctype.xsd - check xopus
related code in publication-sitemap.xmap and usecase-xopus-* xmaps to
find out about uris that work in your case.

Best regards
Thomas

Posted by Nele Vogel <vg...@sevencs.com>.
Josias,

Posted by Josias Thoeny <jo...@wyona.com>.
On Mon, 2005-01-17 at 12:09 +0100, Nele Vogel wrote:
> Hello Josias!
>
> Thank you for your immediate reply!
>
> > Could it be that something in your sitemap is wrong?
> This is definitely possible, yes! ;) I am quite new to Lenya.
>
> > It might be that
> > Lenya is sending a lenya error page to Xopus, instead of either the xml,
> > the xslt, or the xsd. This may cause the error above, because Xopus then
> > tries to parse the error page.
> > You can try to enable debugging of the sitemap in order to see if
> > something's going wrong.
> Log level is set to "INFO". I found 4 logfiles with content in my
> $tomcat/webapps/lenya/WEB-INF/logs directory: access.log, core.log, lenya.log
> and sitemap.log. All of them contain 'INFO' messages, none of them lists an
> 'ERROR' message.

You could search the sitemap.log file for the name of you schema files,
and check if anything like "handle-erros" follows.
Or set the debug level of the sitemap to DEBUG (in
WEB-INF/logkit.xconf), to see more information.

> $tomcat/webapps/lenya/lenya/pubs/mypub/logs/tasks contains only 'DEBUG' messages.
>
> Where else could I look for errors?
>
> > Something else you might want to check: Do your xml documents use
> > default namespaces?
> Yes, they do.
>
> > There is a problem with the SourceWritingTransformer
> > concerning default namespaces (see recent posts on the dev list).
> Hm. The only posting I see on the dev list concerning namespaces is a bugzilla
> entry from Gregor saying he fixed the 'editor can't handle namespaces
> correctly'.

I meant the following post:

--- begin cite

The forms editor cannot save the file, because the Sourcewriting
Transformer
seems to have a problem with attributes in combination with default
namepspaces.

The attribute xhtml:dummy is saved as :dummy which leads to a
validation
error.

I have tested this with the Lenya 1.2.1 and 1.2.2-dev release whereas
Cocoon-2.1.5.1 was being used.

Well, this used to work and I am not sure what has changed. But anyway
it looks like a Sourcewriting Transformer bug, because if one
serializes
in between the various transformers of the pipeline included in

src/webapp/lenya/usecases/edit/usecase-edit.xmap

then everything works fine.

I will check in a workaround, but the actual problem remains to be
figured out.

--- end cite

It seems like this problem occurred with different editors as well (BXE
and Xopus). Or has it been fixed?
Anyway, you could try to remove the default namespaces, just to see what
happens.

regards,
Josias

--
Josias Thoeny
Wyona            Content Management Solutions    http://wyona.com

Re: xopus doctype schema which include other schemas

Posted by Nele Vogel <vg...@sevencs.com>.
Hello Josias!

Thank you for your immediate reply!

> Could it be that something in your sitemap is wrong?
This is definitely possible, yes! ;) I am quite new to Lenya.

> It might be that
> Lenya is sending a lenya error page to Xopus, instead of either the xml,
> the xslt, or the xsd. This may cause the error above, because Xopus then
> tries to parse the error page.
> You can try to enable debugging of the sitemap in order to see if
> something's going wrong.
Log level is set to "INFO". I found 4 logfiles with content in my
$tomcat/webapps/lenya/WEB-INF/logs directory: access.log, core.log, lenya.log
and sitemap.log. All of them contain 'INFO' messages, none of them lists an
'ERROR' message.

$tomcat/webapps/lenya/lenya/pubs/mypub/logs/tasks contains only 'DEBUG' messages.

Where else could I look for errors?

> Something else you might want to check: Do your xml documents use
> default namespaces?
Yes, they do.

> There is a problem with the SourceWritingTransformer
> concerning default namespaces (see recent posts on the dev list).
Hm. The only posting I see on the dev list concerning namespaces is a bugzilla
entry from Gregor saying he fixed the 'editor can't handle namespaces
correctly'.

Thank you for your help!
Regards,
Nele

Re: xopus doctype schema which include other schemas

Posted by Josias Thoeny <jo...@wyona.com>.
On Mon, 2005-01-17 at 09:55 +0100, Nele Vogel wrote:
> Hello Lee!
>
> Sorry for answering rather late - I was out of the office until today. :)
>
> > Thanks for the reply. I've added a matcher ( **/*.xsd) to the publication
> > site map and all of the schemas now get included. However xpous now errors
> > with an internal java script error
>
> > Xopus internal error: 'this.hDj' is null or not an object
> > Browser: 4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
> > Xopus version: 2.1.72
> >
> > The xopus javascript is pretty un readable and hDj seems to be being used
> > all over the place.
> >
> > Are these the symptoms you where seeing ?
> No. :( When I add the **/*.xsd matcher and make the appropriate changes in
> 'mypub/lenya/xslt/xopus/mydoctype.xsl' and
> 'mypub/config/doctypes/schemas/mydoctype.xsd' I get:
>
> "An error occured while parsing XML file
> '/lenya/publication/authoring/tutorial/test.html?lenya.usecase=xopus&lenya.step=xslt&doctype=article'.
>
> Reason: Whitespace expected.
> At: 1, 63
>
> Retry?"
>
> It doesn't matter which xsd files are involved, it always tells me that an
> errror occured at 1, 63 - even if the xsd file has no line 63. Strange, isn't
> it?

Could it be that something in your sitemap is wrong? It might be that
Lenya is sending a lenya error page to Xopus, instead of either the xml,
the xslt, or the xsd. This may cause the error above, because Xopus then
tries to parse the error page.
You can try to enable debugging of the sitemap in order to see if
something's going wrong.

Something else you might want to check: Do your xml documents use
default namespaces? There is a problem with the SourceWritingTransformer
concerning default namespaces (see recent posts on the dev list).

hth...

Josias

Posted by Nele Vogel <vg...@sevencs.com>.
Hello Lee!

Sorry for answering rather late - I was out of the office until today. :)

> Thanks for the reply. I've added a matcher ( **/*.xsd) to the publication
> site map and all of the schemas now get included. However xpous now errors
> with an internal java script error

> Xopus internal error: 'this.hDj' is null or not an object
> Browser: 4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
> Xopus version: 2.1.72
>
> The xopus javascript is pretty un readable and hDj seems to be being used
> all over the place.
>
> Are these the symptoms you where seeing ?
No. :( When I add the **/*.xsd matcher and make the appropriate changes in
'mypub/lenya/xslt/xopus/mydoctype.xsl' and
'mypub/config/doctypes/schemas/mydoctype.xsd' I get:

"An error occured while parsing XML file
'/lenya/publication/authoring/tutorial/test.html?lenya.usecase=xopus&lenya.step=xslt&doctype=article'.

Reason: Whitespace expected.
At: 1, 63

Retry?"

It doesn't matter which xsd files are involved, it always tells me that an
errror occured at 1, 63 - even if the xsd file has no line 63. Strange, isn't
it?

> Any Ideas ?
No, sorry. :(

Regards,
Nele

Re: xopus doctype schema which include other schemas

Posted by Nele Vogel <vg...@sevencs.com>.
Hello!

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
Lee Carroll wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The lenya xopus documentation covers an issue with the use of a schema
> which includes other schemas.
> The solution seemed to be to ensure your schema does not have schema
> includes.
>
> Does anyone have a solution to get xopus up and running with schemas
> with includes ?

i should work just fine, as long as you don't have loops in your includes

--
Gregor J. Rothfuss
COO, Wyona       Content Management Solutions    http://wyona.com

Posted by Lee Carroll <le...@aol.com>.
Hello,

The lenya xopus documentation covers an issue with the use of a schema which
includes other schemas.
The solution seemed to be to ensure your schema does not have schema
includes.

Does anyone have a solution to get xopus up and running with schemas with
includes ?

(It would be handy as the provided lenya /bxe xhtml.rng produces a pretty
complex xsd!!)

Cheers Lee C

xopus doctype schema which include other schemas

Re: How to setup form editor?

Posted by Lee Carroll <le...@aol.com>.
Thanks for the info. At least its not a botched install.

Cheers Lee C

Re: How to setup form editor?

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Jean Pierre LeJacq wrote:

>On Sat, 8 Jan 2005, Lee Carroll wrote:
>

>>I'm having difficulty during the install and set up of the new
>>release lenya 1.2.1
>>
>>I've a dev box running xp , tomcat 5.0.28 and  cocoon 2.1.6.
>>
>>In short the forms editor fails on an element insert with a parser exception
>>
>>org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Error executing pipeline.:
>>file:/C:/tomcat-5.0.28/webapps/lenya/lenya/usecases/edit/../../pubs/default/work/editor/authoring/index/index_en.xml:1:346:org.xml.sax.SAXParseException:
>>Attribute name "tagID" associated with an element type "html" must be
>>followed by the ' = ' character.
>>

>This is a known problem with cocoon-2.1.6.  I don't believe we have
>a workaround yet.

the problem also occurs with Cocoon 2.1.5.

I have checked in a workaround within Lenya 1.2.2-dev, but the problem
is not really solved.

(please see my recent emails on this topic re :dummy and default namespace)

HTH

Michi

--
Michael Wechner