Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Andrew Le Quesne <an...@nexusalpha.com> on 2006/02/10 13:29:28 UTC

CForms: creating dynamic widgets

Hi there,

I am trying to generate a dynamic form template so I can create a list of
questions that the user will answer from a set of questions stored in a
database table.

I am setting the definition file by using a pipeline -
cocoon:/forms/application/definition.jxt
To generate a JXT file.

 This works as a basic form but I need to pass a Java Object to it so that I
can get a list of question objects from which to create the question set of
widgets. Can anyone give me any advice or are there any examples of
something  similar anywhere.

I am using cocoon 2.1.8

Thanks,

Andrew

Re: CForms: creating dynamic widgets

Posted by Robin Wyles <ro...@robinwyles.com>.
Andrew,

 From flow you can do...

cocoon.load("resource://org/apache/cocoon/forms/flow/javascript/
Form.js");
var questions = someMethodToGetQuestions();
var model =  loadDOM("forms/application/definition.jxt ",
{"questions": questions});
var form = new Form(model.getDocumentElement());
form.showForm("forms/application/template.jxt");

Hope this helps...

Robin

Posted by Adam Walsh <ad...@grummen.net>.
Hi Andrew,