Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Anthony Bargnesi <ab...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/20 17:03:25 UTC

Reasons why Webservice is inaccessible from WAN?

Hello,

I was wondering if anybody has ever encountered a scenario where
your deployed webservice works fine within a LAN but fails when accessing
from a WAN.  I have a deployed webservice where accessing it from a WAN
causes the client to hang when doing a Call.invoke.  Has anyone encountered
this problem or do you think it is more a problem with the client system?

Packet capturing was done on the WAN client and discovered that no soap
request
is made to the webservice.  The axis debug ends with this before hanging
indefinately:

968  [main] DEBUG org.apache.axis.client.Call  - operation.getNumParams()=8
968  [main] DEBUG org.apache.axis.client.Call  - getParamList number of
params: 8
975  [main] DEBUG org.apache.axis.client.Call  - Enter:
Call::invoke(RPCElement)
1006 [main] DEBUG org.apache.axis.i18n.ProjectResourceBundle  -
org.apache.axis.i18n.resource::handleGetObject(attachEnabled)
1006 [main] DEBUG org.apache.axis.Message  - Attachment support is enabled?
true

But it is clear that a SOAP request is never made to the webservice.

Any ideas?

Thanks!,

Anthony Bargnesi

Re: Reasons why Webservice is inaccessible from WAN?

Posted by Anthony Bargnesi <ab...@gmail.com>.
Axel/James/Jason/Tao,

Over the weekend I was able to try the webservice from a windows xp
client.  The system was able to call the webservice and return a success.
It seems like it was the linux client all along so the webservice is
accessible
from outside.

Thanks everyone for your insightful advice and help.

Sincerely,
Anthony Bargnesi

Posted by Axel Burwitz <ax...@arcor.de>.
Anthony,

[...]