Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "Leonardo K. Shikida" <sh...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/22 02:58:44 UTC

2.2.0 and multipart

Hi

Just noticed this thread about tomee, myfacs 2.2.0 and multipart request

stackoverflow.com/questions/21948228/how-to-get-jsf-file-upload-to-work-on-tomee-1-6

does anyone know if between 2.1.13 and 2.2.0, multipart request has got any
new bug? could not find anything in JIRA

the guy who posted the stackoverflow question tested with

h:commandButton while I've reproduced the problem just switching
myfaces jars from vanilla tomee 1.6.0 from 2.1.13 to 2.2.0 and using
p:fileUpload

[]

Leo

Re: 2.2.0 and multipart

Posted by "Howard W. Smith, Jr." <sm...@gmail.com>.
On Mar 3, 2014 7:33 AM, "Leonardo K. Shikida" <sh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Howard
>
> thanks for the answer

You're welcome, Leonardo.

> except for the "primefaces.UPLOADER" thing, I was using FU 1.3 already and
> the primefaces file upload filter.

FileUpload 1.3, alone, did not solve the issue for me.

> the difference is that I use PF4 community
>
> I've also noticed from the manual that this parameter is optional (page
192)

> (...)
> FileUpload engine on the server side can either be servlet 3.0 or commons
> fileupload. PrimeFaces
> selects the most appropriate uploader engine by detection and it is
> possible to force one or the other
> usign an optional configuration param.
> <context-param>
> <param-name>primefaces.UPLOADER</param-name>
> <param-value>auto|native|commons</param-value>
> </context-param>
> (...)
>
> I'm gonna try setting the parameter explicitly, maybe it's a primefaces
> detection problem.

That's where I think the issue is. Auto detection is failing. That's why I
set to Commons, and then it started working.

smithh032772@gmail.com

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17204355/glassfish-4-jsf-2-2-and-primefaces-fileuploadevent-not-working-together/17363970#17363970

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/20316773/primefaces-4-0-fileupload-works-with-mojarra-2-2-but-not-myfaces-2-2?rq=1

> > 5. the answer below, motivated me to upgrade from apache commons
fileupload
> > 1.2.2 to 1.3
> >
> > http://stackoverflow.com/a/20347508/933054
> >
> > 6. and then I looked at PrimeFaces 4.0 user guide, and recognized
something
> > 'new' that could be specified in web.xml. So, I added the following to
my
> > web.xml,
> >
> >     <context-param>
> >         <param-name>primefaces.UPLOADER</param-name>
> >         <param-value>commons</param-value>
> >     </context-param>
> >
> > and finally, PrimeFaces (Elite) 4.0.x works with MyFaces 2.2.
> >
> > 7. as per PrimeFaces 4.0 user guide, I already had the following (FYI,
> > below is required if 'commons' fileupload is used)
> >
> > <!-- PrimeFaces FileUpload Filter -->
> > <filter>
> >     <filter-name>PrimeFaces FileUpload Filter</filter-name>

<filter-class>org.primefaces.webapp.filter.FileUploadFilter</filter-class>

Re: 2.2.0 and multipart

Posted by "Leonardo K. Shikida" <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Howard

thanks for the answer

Re: 2.2.0 and multipart

Posted by "Howard W. Smith, Jr." <sm...@gmail.com>.

Re: 2.2.0 and multipart

Posted by Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hi

I can confirm a simple example using MyFaces 2.2.0 works. See:

http://jsflive.wordpress.com/2013/04/23/jsf22-file-upload/

I think the problem is caused by some kind of incompatibility from
primefaces p:fileUpload. h:inputFile relies on servlet 3.0 spec, but
p:fileUpload could still use the filter approach, so you need to put a
filter on top of faces servlet to handle the multipart request.

Theoretically, nothing has changed, or at least at first view I cannot
see a problem in MyFaces besides the issues we have already fixed, so
2.2.0 should not have any problem.

It could be great if you can provide an example webapp showing the
problem, so we can take a look with the debugger and see if there is a
problem from primefaces or from myfaces. For now the evidence I have
suggest MyFaces is ok.

regards,

Leonardo Uribe

Re: 2.2.0 and multipart

Posted by "Leonardo K. Shikida" <sh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks

Re: 2.2.0 and multipart

Posted by "Howard W. Smith, Jr." <sm...@gmail.com>.

Re: 2.2.0 and multipart

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmail.com>.

Re: 2.2.0 and multipart

Posted by Karl Kildén <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hi Howard,

This is the complete markup you wanted to see:

        <h:form id="mainForm" enctype="multipart/form-data">
            <h:commandButton value="Press me"
action="#{helloWorld.send}"/><br/>
        </h:form>

Note that I reproduced it in a project that does not include Primefaces
(described in my latest email). When I press the submit nothing happens.
It's as if I wrote onclick="return false;"

cheers

Re: 2.2.0 and multipart

Posted by "Howard W. Smith, Jr." <sm...@gmail.com>.

Re: 2.2.0 and multipart

Posted by Karl Kildén <ka...@gmail.com>.
Yes, Also https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-3865

Re: 2.2.0 and multipart

Posted by "Howard W. Smith, Jr." <sm...@gmail.com>.

Re: 2.2.0 and multipart

Posted by Karl Kildén <ka...@gmail.com>.
Howard,

No that sample does not work for me. The details are in the jira.

Re: 2.2.0 and multipart

Posted by "Howard W. Smith, Jr." <sm...@gmail.com>.

Re: 2.2.0 and multipart

Posted by "Howard W. Smith, Jr." <sm...@gmail.com>.