Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Daniel Becroft <Da...@supercorp.com.au> on 2008/01/22 22:53:52 UTC

Subversion Documentation

Hi All,

Other than the redbean SVN book, is there any other reading material or documentation that is worth investing in?  I saw a "Pragmatic Version Control with Subversion" book yesterday, but wasn't sure if it would be worth the money.

Cheers,
Daniel B.

Re: Subversion Documentation

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.
On Jan 22, 2008 5:53 PM, Daniel Becroft <Da...@supercorp.com.au> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Other than the redbean SVN book, is there any other reading material or
> documentation that is worth investing in?  I saw a "Pragmatic Version
> Control with Subversion" book yesterday, but wasn't sure if it would be
> worth the money.

It's a good book, I bought it when I started w/ SVN. I also like
William Nagel's Subversion Version Control: Using the Subversion
Version Control System in Development Projects.

There is a lot of overlap between the 3, but I'm glad that I read all
3 before getting too far into using SVN. Each has a slightly different
perspective and way of explaining things.