Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Rick Hillegas <ri...@gmail.com> on 2018/10/03 18:58:16 UTC

new Jenkins task: Derby-trunk-test-junit-all-with-modulepath

I am trying to set up a new Jenkins task which will run the JUnit All
suite with a module path when a checkin is submitted. This is my first
attempt to create a Jenkins task from scratch (I used the
Derby-trunk-suites.All task as a template). Please pardon the noise
while I figure this out.

I think I have figured out how to make Jenkins run the correct ant
target. But I'm unclear on whether I have correctly configured the
post-build action so that it will generate email when the target fails.
I would appreciate advice from any Jenkins experts who have time to
eyeball the new task:
https://builds.apache.org/job/Derby-trunk-test-junit-all-with-modulepath/

Unfortunately, I only have the console log to use as evidence of
failures. The fancy JUnit xml-style reports are not available. That is
because the <junit> ant task is not module-aware. That, in turn, is
because our JUnit version is not module-aware. Therefore the
test-junit-all-with-modulepath target has to run JUnit by hand via a
<java> task.

Thanks,

-Rick

Re: new Jenkins task: Derby-trunk-test-junit-all-with-modulepath

Posted by Rick Hillegas <ri...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Bryan. That's a good idea:

Posted by Bryan Pendleton <bp...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Rick!