Posted to user@struts.apache.org by fea jabi <zy...@hotmail.com> on 2006/11/21 07:49:14 UTC

why/when to use redirect

I am not really clear when to use redirect=true.

I am chaining actions. As I was doing this I had to use redirect=true to get
the values that were set in one action to another. But the request
attributes set in that action were lost when redirect is set to true. why is
that? is there any way, I can use redirect=true and also get the request
attributes???

also, not really sure when to use the contextRelative=true/false/yes/no??

Thanks.

Re: why/when to use redirect

Posted by Mississippi John Hurt <jo...@gmail.com>.
How could I forward via redirect option but have struts pass any request
attributes or parameters to the new redirect url?  I think its only possible
to pass the request parameters and not the attributes right?  How can I do
that?  Thanks.

Re: why/when to use redirect

Posted by Adam Hardy <ah...@cyberspaceroad.com>.

Re: why/when to use redirect