Posted to user@ode.apache.org by Michael Horwitz <mi...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/05 17:17:04 UTC

Problem with Catch statement on an Invoke

Hi,

I am trying to write a process to deploy on Ode 1.0 running inside
ServiceMix. All was going fine until I tried to add a catch clause to an
invoke in the process. The process compiles fine, just the catch clause gets
ignored and the fault is thrown out of the service. If I copy and paste the
catch clause to the <faultHandlers> section on the process, then all works
as expected.

First the snippet from the wsdl service declaring the fault:

<wsdl:portType name="marketbus">
  <wsdl:operation name="getRecord">
  <wsdl:input message="tns:getRecordRequest"/>
  <wsdl:output message="tns:getRecordResponse"/>
    <wsdl:fault name="noRecordFault"
message="tns:noSuchRecordFault"></wsdl:fault>
  </wsdl:operation>
</wsdl:portType>

Now the snippet from the bpel service:

<bpws:invoke inputVariable="recordRequest" name="invokeMarketBus"
operation="getRecord" outputVariable="recordResponse"
partnerLink="marketbusClient" portType="ns1:marketbus">
  <bpws:catch faultName="ns1:noRecordFault">
    <bpws:sequence name="HiddenSequence">
      <bpws:assign name="buildFaultMessage" validate="no">
        <bpws:copy>
          <bpws:from>
            <bpws:literal>No such message.</bpws:literal>
          </bpws:from>
          <bpws:to>$echoRequest.payload</bpws:to>
        </bpws:copy>
      </bpws:assign>
      <bpws:invoke inputVariable="echoRequest" name="invokeEchoService"
operation="echoMessage" partnerLink="echoClient"
portType="ns1:EchoPortType"/>
    </bpws:sequence>
  </bpws:catch>
</bpws:invoke>

And the debug output from the Ode engine (snippet):

DEBUG - BpelProcess                    - InvokeResponse event for iid 20
DEBUG - BpelRuntimeContextImpl         - Invoking message response for mexid
4611686018427387948 and channel 20
DEBUG - JacobVPU                       - injecting
BpelRuntimeContextImpl$4(...)
DEBUG - BpelRuntimeContextImpl         - Triggering response
DEBUG - SCOPE                          - ({OScope 'invokeMarketBus'
id=50},TerminationChannel#14,ParentScopeChannel#16): has
a fault handler for {http://abnamro.com/sc}noRecordFault: {OCatch
faultName=null, faultVariable=null}
DEBUG - SCOPE                          - ({OCatch faultName=null,
faultVariable=null},TerminationChannel:FH#21,ParentScopeCha
nnel:FH#22): has no fault handler for {http://abnamro.com/sc}noRecordFault;
scope will propagate FAULT!
DEBUG - SCOPE                          - ({OScope
'__PROCESS_SCOPE:algotf-bpe' id=3},TerminationChannel#1,ParentScopeChannel#
2): has no fault handler for {http://abnamro.com/sc}noRecordFault; scope
will propagate FAULT!
DEBUG - BpelProcess                    - ProcessImpl completed with fault '{
http://abnamro.com/sc}noRecordFault'
DEBUG - ProcessDaoImpl                 - Removing completed process instance
20 from in-memory store.
DEBUG - OdeService                     - Consuming MEX tracker
ID:gbws-00065343-3167-1181051426187-7:20
WARN  - OdeService                     - Ignoring unknown async reply:
{MyRoleMex#4611686018427387947 [Client ID:gbws-0006534
3-3167-1181051426187-7:20] calling {
http://abnamro.com/sc/algotf}WorkflowService.processNewRecord(...)}
DEBUG - QuartzSchedulerImpl            - Commiting transaction.

Exactly the same catch statement (copied and pasted) works as expected if
placed in the <faultHandlers> section of the process.

I am reasonably new to BPEL, so may have missed something?

Thanks

Mike Horwitz

Re: Passing SOAP Header to BPEL in ServiceMix

Posted by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com>.
I've worked on this before...  see
http://www.intalio.org/confluence/display/PXE/SOAP+Binding+and+JBI+Normalization

I'm not sure of the state of JBI normalization in SM at this point.   I had
submitted a patch (referenced above) but Guillaume decided on another
approach and I don't know if he got around to supporting this use-case.

alex

Re: Problem with Catch statement on an Invoke

Posted by Michael Horwitz <mi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks - I have worked around this for the moment by placing my invokes
inside dedicated scopes and placing the catch statements on the scope (just
in case anyone else tries it... :-)

Mike.

Posted by Maciej Szefler <mb...@intalio.com>.

Posted by Vishal Bhasin <vb...@yahoo.com>.
Hello All:

I'm posting this here, since this is somewhat related to Apache ODE.

I'm trying to orchestrate Web Services from a Web Services provider that expects certain information (such as binary security token) in the SOAP Header.

 I don't know the process of passing SOAP header to BPEL in ODE..any ideas?

Thanks,

Vishal Bhasin

Regards,

Vishal

“I want to improve the system, not fight it”

Luggage? GPS? Comic books?

Re: Problem with Catch statement on an Invoke

Posted by Michael Horwitz <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com>.
Hi Michael,