Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Andrew Todd <an...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/29 23:12:26 UTC

Tomcat JDBC Connection Pool, Tomcat 7, and Maven?

Hi,

So I'm working on a Maven-based project in which I would like to use
the Tomcat JDBC connection pool. I've noticed that with Tomcat 7, the
documentation has now moved into the official Tomcat docs
(https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/jdbc-pool.html).

However, I'm wondering a few things:

1) Since the documentation provides information on using it
standalone, is it available as a Maven artifact? I've seen

 http://ebr.springsource.com/repository/app/bundle/detail?name=com.springsource.org.apache.tomcat.jdbc

but I'm wondering if there's any relationship between that and what's
available through the Tomcat releases at

http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/tomcat/

as I'd much rather pull from your repository. Is it related to tomcat-dbcp?

2) I'm assuming that JDBC Pool is available in the Tomcat tarball.
Just want to make sure.

Thanks.

Re: Tomcat JDBC Connection Pool, Tomcat 7, and Maven?

Posted by Andrew Todd <an...@gmail.com>.
Answering my own questions.

On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 5:12 PM, Andrew Todd <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So I'm working on a Maven-based project in which I would like to use
> the Tomcat JDBC connection pool. I've noticed that with Tomcat 7, the
> documentation has now moved into the official Tomcat docs
> (https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/jdbc-pool.html).

> 1) Since the documentation provides information on using it
> standalone, is it available as a Maven artifact?

Yes, it has been available since Tomcat 7.0.19. The Maven artifact
name is tomcat-jdbc.

http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/tomcat/tomcat-jdbc/

> 2) I'm assuming that JDBC Pool is available in the Tomcat tarball.

Yes, since Tomcat 7.0.19. The changelog entry is here:

https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/changelog.html

Hope this helps someone else.