Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Steve Cohen <sc...@javactivity.org> on 2010/11/10 22:16:28 UTC

What does this mean?

from http://activemq.apache.org/pure-master-slave.html :

Pure Master Slave

A Pure Master Slave configuration provides a basic shared nothing, fully
replicated topology which does not depend on a shared file system or
shared database.

"a basic shared nothing"?

Re: What does this mean?

Posted by Steve Cohen <sc...@javactivity.org>.
On 11/10/2010 03:23 PM, Alex Dean wrote:
> On Nov 10, 2010, at 3:16 PM, Steve Cohen wrote:
>
>> from http://activemq.apache.org/pure-master-slave.html :
>>
>> Pure Master Slave
>>
>> A Pure Master Slave configuration provides a basic shared nothing, fully replicated topology which does not depend on a shared file system or shared database.
>>
>> "a basic shared nothing"?
>>

> 'shared nothing' describes a type of clustering architecture.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shared_nothing_architecture
>
> I think a comma is missing, and it should say "a basic shared nothing, fully replicated, topology".  Removing the additional clause, it could also be read as "... provides a basic shared nothing topology which does not ..."
>
> Does that make the sentence clearer?
>
> alex

thanks

Re: What does this mean?

Posted by Alex Dean <al...@crackpot.org>.

Re: What does this mean?

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 9:16 PM, Steve Cohen <sc...@javactivity.org> wrote:
> from http://activemq.apache.org/pure-master-slave.html :
>
> Pure Master Slave
>
> A Pure Master Slave configuration provides a basic shared nothing, fully
> replicated topology which does not depend on a shared file system or shared
> database.
>
> "a basic shared nothing"?

Shared nothing is a style of architecture where each node is
independent of any other node. See the Wikipedia entry for more
generic info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shared_nothing_architecture

Bruce
);'