Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Jesse <pu...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/24 02:09:39 UTC

CORDOVA_JS_BUILD_LABEL

Given a CORDOVA_JS_BUILD_LABEL of 2.8.0rc1-0-g22bc4d8
How can I find that commit, so I can be sure I am building the js for
windows from the same commit?

TIA

@purplecabbage
risingj.com

Re: CORDOVA_JS_BUILD_LABEL

Posted by Jesse MacFadyen <pu...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Ian.
I got as far as tag+commits and was able to get there. I was searching
for the hash not knowing about the silent g, makes perfect sense now.

Cheers,
  Jesse

Sent from my iPhone5

On 2013-05-23, at 7:06 PM, Ian Clelland <ic...@chromium.org> wrote:

On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 5:09 PM, Jesse <pu...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Given a CORDOVA_JS_BUILD_LABEL of 2.8.0rc1-0-g22bc4d8
>> How can I find that commit, so I can be sure I am building the js for
>> windows from the same commit?

In case anyone else has the same question, now or in the future --
"2.8.0rc1-0-g22bc4d8" is the output of git-describe, which explains the
checked out commit, with a bit of context:

*2.8.0rc1* is the tag name from the most recent tagged commit, looking back
through history

*0* is the number of commits *since* that tag -- 0 in this case means that
the tag is exactly what was checked out

*g* is for git

*22bc4d8* is the actual hash prefix.

Ian