Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Richard <ha...@btinternet.com> on 2000/12/15 19:18:53 UTC

Warning, Apache Version 1.3.0 required

Ok, i've searched the archives and cannot find help for this problem there.

I have compiled Apache v 1.3.14, without errors.

I have then gone to compile mod_perl v1.24, below is my effort.

The error/warning at the bottom states that i require Apache 1.3.0.

Anyone shed any light on why this would happen?

Thanks in advance,

Richard Harrison

[root@localhost mod_perl-1.24]# perl Makefile.PL DO_HTTPD=1 USE_APACHI=1
APACHE_PREFIX=/usr/local/apache Enter `q' to stop search
Please tell me where I can find your apache src
 [] /usr/local/etc/apache/apache_1.3.14/src
Appending mod_perl to src/Configuration
Using config file: /root/mp/mod_perl-1.24/src/Configuration
Creating Makefile
 + configured for Linux platform
 + setting C compiler to gcc
 + setting C pre-processor to gcc -E
 + checking for system header files
 + adding selected modules
 + checking sizeof various data types
 + doing sanity check on compiler and options
Creating Makefile in support
Creating Makefile in regex
Creating Makefile in os/unix
Creating Makefile in ap
Creating Makefile in main
Creating Makefile in lib/expat-lite
Creating Makefile in modules/standard
EXTRA_CFLAGS: -DLINUX=2 -DUSE_HSREGEX -DUSE_EXPAT -I$(SRCDIR)/lib/expat-lite -DNO_DL_NEEDED

  Apache Version 1.3.0 required, aborting...