Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Dan Poirier <po...@pobox.com> on 2009/07/10 15:57:48 UTC

Re: State of mod_auth_digest?

Joe Orton <jo...@redhat.com> writes:

> On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 09:46:39AM -0400, Dan Poirier wrote:
>> I was looking at mod_auth_digest and bug 16057.  Currently the shared
>> memory code in that module is disabled, and it turns out that has
>> effects throughout the module, such as disabling all client tracking,
>> nonce-count checking, MD5-sess, and probably other things.
>>
>> I wonder if this does anything useful at all in its current state?
>
> I vaguely recall that it either crashed, or the RMM segment got full up
> quickly and it got stuck.  I've had a TODO list item to convert the #if
> 0'ed code to use of ap_socache.h but never found the time.
>
>> Regardless, I might take a stab at cleaning some of that up, if nobody
>> else is working on it already.
>
> Any and all work on the module would certainly be good!

I've added a patch to bug 16057 to replace the use of shared memory with
socache.  I was hoping the changes would be less pervasive, but the
shared memory assumption showed up in a lot of places.

Comments on the proposed changes would be more than welcome.

--
Dan Poirier <po...@pobox.com>

Re: State of mod_auth_digest?

Posted by Chris Darroch <ch...@pearsoncmg.com>.
Dan Poirier wrote:

> I've added a patch to bug 16057 to replace the use of shared memory with
> socache.  I was hoping the changes would be less pervasive, but the
> shared memory assumption showed up in a lot of places.
>
> Comments on the proposed changes would be more than welcome.

   Can't wait to see this committed to trunk!  ;-)  It's been a
long time coming.  Kudos to Joe and yourself for making it a real
option.  Thanks,

Chris.

--
GPG Key ID: 366A375B