Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "John, Ansu" <An...@thomascookonline.com> on 2013/01/17 16:31:50 UTC

String index out of range: -12 in ReleaseUtils.loadResolvedDependencies() when using Parent-Module-Layout

Hi

I have a Parent - mutimodule project layout.

I get the following error while running release:prepare -DdryRun=true

maven-release-plugin:2.4:prepare failed: String index out of range: -12

at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:225)

        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:153)

        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:145)

        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:84)

        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:59)

        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.singleThreadedBuild(LifecycleStarter.java:183)

        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute(LifecycleStarter.java:161)

        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:320)

        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:156)

        at org.jvnet.hudson.maven3.launcher.Maven3Launcher.main(Maven3Launcher.java:79)

        at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchStandard(Launcher.java:329)

        at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:239)

        at org.jvnet.hudson.maven3.agent.Maven3Main.launch(Maven3Main.java:158)

        at hudson.maven.Maven3Builder.call(Maven3Builder.java:100)

        at hudson.maven.Maven3Builder.call(Maven3Builder.java:66)

        at hudson.remoting.UserRequest.perform(UserRequest.java:118)

        at hudson.remoting.UserRequest.perform(UserRequest.java:48)

        at hudson.remoting.Request$2.run(Request.java:326)

        at hudson.remoting.InterceptingExecutorService$1.call(InterceptingExecutorService.java:72)

        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334)

        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110)

        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)

        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679)

Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.PluginExecutionException: Execution default-cli of goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-release-plugin:2.4:prepare failed: String index out of range: -12

        at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:110)

        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:209)

        ... 27 more

Caused by: java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -12

        at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1949)

        at org.apache.maven.shared.release.config.ReleaseUtils.loadResolvedDependencies(ReleaseUtils.java:256)

        at org.apache.maven.shared.release.config.ReleaseUtils.copyPropertiesToReleaseDescriptor(ReleaseUtils.java:172)

        at org.apache.maven.plugins.release.PrepareReleaseMojo.prepareRelease(PrepareReleaseMojo.java:271)

        at org.apache.maven.plugins.release.PrepareReleaseMojo.execute(PrepareReleaseMojo.java:232)

        at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:101)

        ... 28 more

channel stopped

Finished: FAILURE

Could anybody throw some light?

Thank you for the help!!

Regards
Ansu

Re: String index out of range: -12 in ReleaseUtils.loadResolvedDependencies() when using Parent-Module-Layout

Posted by Mirko Friedenhagen <mf...@gmail.com>.
Hello Robert,

I created http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRELEASE-834
(release:prepare fails when a system property starting with dependency
is given).
Regards Mirko
--
http://illegalstateexception.blogspot.com/
https://github.com/mfriedenhagen/

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.
Hi Mirko,

Posted by Mirko Friedenhagen <mf...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.
http://maven.apache.org/maven-release/maven-release-manager/xref/org/apache/maven/shared/release/config/ReleaseUtils.html#256

I'm interested in your release.properties as well.
It looks like there's a property starting with 'dependency.' which doesn't
end with '.development' or '.release'
This should not be possible.

thanks,
Robert

Op Fri, 18 Jan 2013 09:11:39 +0100 schreef <th...@vkb.de>:

> Hi,
>
>> maven-release-plugin:2.4:prepare failed: String index out of range: -12
>>
>> at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute
>> (MojoExecutor.java:225)
>
> *snip*
>
> Have you tried running "mvn -e -X ..."?
> Perhaps there's something missing in your pom.xml, such as an invalid
> property that is referenced somewhere, an empty or missing plugin
> configuration section etc.pp.
>

> HTH
>
> Thorsten

Re: String index out of range: -12 in ReleaseUtils.loadResolvedDependencies() when using Parent-Module-Layout

Posted by th...@vkb.de.
Hi,

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.
http://maven.apache.org/maven-release/maven-release-manager/xref/org/apache/maven/shared/release/config/ReleaseUtils.html#256

The plugin will read the release.properties and will collect the versions
per dependency.
It seems like there is a property which starts with "dependency.", but
doesn't contain ".development" or ".release".
That should not be possible.
If you could figure out which property is causing this issue (and maybe
can explain where this property is coming from), then please create an
issue at JIRA for it with the testcase.

Robert