Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Olivier Heintz <ho...@apache.org> on 2018/12/20 09:32:22 UTC

Paris Open Source Summit 2018 FeedBack

Two week ago the 4th edition of Paris Open Source Summit has been held 5 & 6
December. It's the main France event for Open Source and ASF had a booth in
the Associations village.

During these 2 days, we have explained and explained again that:
- Apache Software Foundation is more than Apache HTTPD project
- a strong and organized community is one of the main point to have a
dynamics and efficient project
- becoming a ASF project is possible, a clear process exists with the Apache Incubator
- ...

We also participated in a workshop, within the Bluehats track <1> with
theme: "how can the administration help communities/associations to
increase collaborations between the administration and the projects or the
use of OpenSource solutions". We have tried to explain the importance of
public recognition by administrations of organisations like ASF as a guarantee of
strong and serious open source projects.

Herve Boutemy and Olivier Heintz

<1> French IT government initiative to help community which used or produced
Open-Source in administration.
https://www.etalab.gouv.fr/appel-a-participation-a-la-journee-blue-hats-hackers-dinteret-general-jeudi-6-decembre

Re: Paris Open Source Summit 2018 FeedBack

Posted by Isabel Drost-Fromm <is...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Thank you for participating, for helping spread the message - also thank you for coming back here and providing feedback on the event.

Isabel

Re: Paris Open Source Summit 2018 FeedBack

Posted by Sharan Foga <sh...@apache.org>.
Thanks for the report Olivier.
And also thank you and Herve for taking the time to promote Apache at this event. I attended last year and know that it is a very large event and one of the significant open source events in France to participate in. For next year let’s see if we can expand our presence there with a track or potential keynote.

It’s good to hear that people are still interested in learning more about how Apache works, how to contribute and also how to become part of the Apache family.

Thanks
Sharan

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Thank you Olivier,