Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@ectoplasm.org> on 2005/06/20 03:58:41 UTC

Re: EXEC_ON_READ configuration block directives

Dorian Taylor wrote:
> is there a working example of a block directive implementation
> available? i just tried setting one up the way
> http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/config/custom.html#C_Apache2__Const__RAW_ARGS_
> says, and i'm not appearing to get my config subroutine run.

I suspect something funny is going on with EXEC_ON_READ. I've been able to
reproduce your problem and I'll investigate some more. In the meantime, if
it works for you, you can simply run your code without the EXEC_ON_READ
option. Works as expected/documented.

> the config parser doesn't complain about the directive, but the
> hook doesn't seem to get run.

I suspect it's a problem with EXEC_ON_READ triggering code execution
too soon. It is strange that nothing happens though, at least an error
would be nice. I'll take a look at this.

$mp-2.0/repos> fgrep EXEC_ON_READ t/ | egrep -v '^#'

Oh, guess you just found a feature that was never tested ;-)