Posted to kandula-dev@ws.apache.org by sergio salvi <na...@yahoo.it> on 2006/07/20 13:00:51 UTC

error log file

Hi all,
 I'm a new Kandula user and I'm tryng to collect as more failure data as possible to construct a statistical model of the reliability of some ws frameworks.
 So I wanted to ask if there is anybody who has got some error log file, or some bug report. I've tried to look for some bug reports in http://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/ (the official bug reporting site) but I couldn't find anything about Kandula. Maybe it's too recent?
 Any information would be helpfull.
 thanks
 Sergio Salvi

Re: error log file

Posted by Dasarath Weeratunge <dw...@purdue.edu>.
Quoting sergio salvi <na...@yahoo.it>:

> Hi all,
>  I'm a new Kandula user and I'm tryng to collect as more failure data as
> possible to construct a statistical model of the reliability of some ws
> frameworks.
>  So I wanted to ask if there is anybody who has got some error log file, or
> some bug report. I've tried to look for some bug reports in
> http://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/ (the official bug reporting site) but I
> couldn't find anything about Kandula. Maybe it's too recent?
>  Any information would be helpfull.
>  thanks
>  Sergio Salvi

We have not been using bugzilla in kandula but you could get hold of the issues
we've had and the project history in general by going through the mailing list
archives.

thanks,
--dasarath

Re: error log file

Posted by Dasarath Weeratunge <dw...@purdue.edu>.
Quoting Hannes Erven <ha...@erven.at>:

> Hi Sergio,
>

> > I'm a new Kandula user and I'm tryng to collect as more failure data as
> > possible to construct a statistical model of the reliability of some ws
> > frameworks.
>
> Yes, I guess kandula isn't (yet) used in production at the moment, so
> its user base is very small.
>
> Kandula has - that's my personal opinion - still a long way to go until
> it reaches production quality. Moreover, kandula is the solution to a
> requirement that very few applications have today.

I agree with Hannes.

When we started kandula in 2004 there was only one other transactions
implementation known to us and that was  with IBM. At the time there was this
famous Gates-Mills demo between IBM and MSFT but later we learnt that MSFT used
some internal code to interop with IBM. In March 2006, we tried to interop
kandula2 with MSFT but even then their implementation was not working properly.

If you look at the specs, WS-AT spec has a lot of  reliability stuff in it
which I think needs to be taken off. Then again the bridging between j2ee and
web services transactions provided by kandula is entirely experimental at
present.

--dasarath

Re: error log file

Posted by Dasarath Weeratunge <dw...@purdue.edu>.

Re: error log file

Posted by Hannes Erven <ha...@erven.at>.
Hi Sergio,

> I'm a new Kandula user and I'm tryng to collect as more failure data as
> possible to construct a statistical model of the reliability of some ws
> frameworks.

Yes, I guess kandula isn't (yet) used in production at the moment, so
its user base is very small.

Kandula has - that's my personal opinion - still a long way to go until
it reaches production quality. Moreover, kandula is the solution to a
requirement that very few applications have today.

I'm sorry, but I do not know of any data that might be of use for you
related to kandula.

-hannes

Re: error log file

Posted by Dasarath Weeratunge <dw...@purdue.edu>.