Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Rob Vesse <rv...@dotnetrdf.org> on 2021/12/10 09:27:52 UTC

Re: In Kubernetes Must specify the driver container image

Mich

I think you may just have a typo in your configuration.

These properties all have container in the name, e.g. spark.kubernetes.driver.container.image, BUT you seem to be replacing container with docker in your configuration files so Spark doesn’t recognise the property (i.e. you have spark.kubernetes.driver.docker.image which isn’t a valid property)

Hope this helps,

Rob

From: Mich Talebzadeh <mi...@gmail.com>
Date: Friday, 10 December 2021 at 08:57
To: Spark dev list <de...@spark.apache.org>
Subject: In Kubernetes Must specify the driver container image

Hi,

In the following under Spark Kubernetes configuration , it states

spark.kubernetes.container.image, default None, meaning:Container image to use for the Spark application. This is usually of the form example.com/repo/spark:v1.0.0. This configuration is required and must be provided by the user, unless explicit images are provided for each different container type.

I interpret this as if you specify both the driver and executor container images, then you don't need to specify the container image itself. However, if both the driver and executor images are provided with NO container image, the job fails.

Spark config:

(spark.kubernetes.driver.docker.image,eu.gcr.io/axial-glow-224522/spark-py:3.1.1-scala_2.12-8-jre-slim-buster-container)

(spark.kubernetes.executor.docker.image,eu.gcr.io/axial-glow-224522/spark-py:3.1.1-scala_2.12-8-jre-slim-buster-container)

Using Spark's default log4j profile: org/apache/spark/log4j-defaults.properties

21/12/10 08:24:03 INFO SparkKubernetesClientFactory: Auto-configuring K8S client using current context from users K8S config file

Exception in thread "main" org.apache.spark.SparkException: Must specify the driver container image

Sounds like that regardless you still have to specify the container image explicitly

HTH

   view my Linkedin profile

Disclaimer: Use it at your own risk. Any and all responsibility for any loss, damage or destruction of data or any other property which may arise from relying on this email's technical content is explicitly disclaimed. The author will in no case be liable for any monetary damages arising from such loss, damage or destruction.

Re: In Kubernetes Must specify the driver container image

Posted by Mich Talebzadeh <mi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Rob for spotting the error!

   view my Linkedin profile