Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by jm <jm...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/14 17:56:07 UTC

speed of CheckIndex

Hi,

I need to collect some diagnostic info from customer sites, so I would like
to get info on the status of lucene indexes...but I don't want the process
of collecting to take very long.

So I am considering Checkindex. I tested in a small index (60k docs) and it
took 12 seconds. A site usually has up to 100 indexes (indexes have 6
fields) so running it for every index like this is unfeasible.

Is there a way to make is faster (even if it verifies less things?). Is the
time Checkindex will take proportional to number of docs? I am on Lucene 3.1

thanks

Re: speed of CheckIndex

Posted by jm <jm...@gmail.com>.
mostly status of the indexes, whether there is some corruption or all is ok.

Re: speed of CheckIndex

Posted by Simon Willnauer <si...@googlemail.com>.

Re: speed of CheckIndex

Posted by jm <jm...@gmail.com>.