Posted to dev@nuttx.apache.org by Tomek CEDRO <to...@cedro.info> on 2022/06/20 13:46:00 UTC

[NuttX] mailing list messages subject prefix

hello world :-)

would that be possible to add "[NuttX]" or "[Nuttx-dev]" prefix to mailing
list messages?

that would help in quick messages identification among hundreds of other
emails :-)

thanks for considering :-)

Posted by Tomek CEDRO <to...@cedro.info>.
On Mon, Jun 20, 2022 at 4:44 PM Alan Carvalho de Assis wrote:
> They just replied:
> "Note that this is true of most ASF mailing lists.
> Also adding a subject prefix can cause issues with message signatures,
> e.g. DCIM."

Indeed if mailman wants to forward signed messages they cannot be tampered with.

I will create a filter in my email client :-)

Thank you Alan and Nathan :-)

Tomek

Posted by Alan Carvalho de Assis <ac...@gmail.com>.
They just replied:

"Note that this is true of most ASF mailing lists.
Also adding a subject prefix can cause issues with message signatures,
e.g. DCIM."

BR,

Alan

Posted by Tomek CEDRO <to...@cedro.info>.
On Mon, Jun 20, 2022 at 4:20 PM Alan Carvalho de Assis  wrote:
> Ok, I opened a ticket to let Apache Infra to fix it:
> BR,
> Alan

Thank You Alan!! :-)

Posted by Alan Carvalho de Assis <ac...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nathan Hartman <ha...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jun 20, 2022 at 9:46 AM Tomek CEDRO <to...@cedro.info> wrote:

> hello world :-)
>
> would that be possible to add "[NuttX]" or "[Nuttx-dev]" prefix to mailing
> list messages?
>
> that would help in quick messages identification among hundreds of other
> emails :-)
>
> thanks for considering :-)
>
> --
> CeDeROM, SQ7MHZ, http://www.tomek.cedro.info

Hmm, our mail lists are managed by ASF and I haven't seen other ASF
individuals to do it manually probably won't work consistently.

Are you able to configure your mail client to filter by From address?

Cheers,
Nathan