Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by paulr4444 <g....@gmail.com> on 2020/08/03 19:39:16 UTC

Upgrading from version 1.0.0 to 1.2.0

I didn't see any mention of this but wanted to ask if I can preform a upgrade
from version 1.0.0 to 1.2.0 directly or do i need to upgrade to version
1.1.0 then 1.2.0.

Thanks

Paul

RE: Upgrading from version 1.0.0 to 1.2.0

Posted by Tushar Jain <tu...@hitachi.mgrmnet.com>.
You could upgrade directly from 1.0.0 to 1.2.0. Just ensure all dependencies
(as per following URL) are installed/upgraded first. There has been a change
in the version of dependencies and the one for 1.0.0 may not work for 1.2.0

http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/installing-guacamole.html#required-depen
dencies

-Tushar Jain

--
Sent from:

**Disclaimer:* This message and any attachment may contain confidential,
proprietary information and is intended only for the individual named. If
you are not the original intended recipient and have erroneously received
this message, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.
Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this
e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. Hitachi MGRM Net
E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as
information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late
or incomplete, or contain viruses. Hitachi MGRM Net therefore does not
message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is
required, please request a hard-copy version. Hitachi MGRM Net Ltd, C -
6/5, Safdarjung Development Area, New Delhi - 110016, India*
*
*
*'Please
consider the environment before printing this e-mail'.*

Re: Upgrading from version 1.0.0 to 1.2.0

Posted by paulr4444 <g....@gmail.com>.
Thank you, the upgrade went smooth.

Re: Upgrading from version 1.0.0 to 1.2.0

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Aug 3, 2020 at 3:39 PM paulr4444 <g....@gmail.com> wrote:

> I didn't see any mention of this but wanted to ask if I can preform a
> upgrade
> from version 1.0.0 to 1.2.0 directly or do i need to upgrade to version
> 1.1.0 then 1.2.0.

You can upgrade directly to 1.2.0 from 1.0.0 - there is no need to upgrade
to 1.1.0, first.  In general the only things that would require an interim
update would be versions where the database schema changes, and, even then,
you don't have to actually install and run the intermediate versions, you
just have to perform each of the incremental schema updates to the database
before running the latest version.  However, there have not been any schema
changes since 1.0.0.

-Nick