Posted to java-commits@lucene.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2011/04/08 14:54:52 UTC

[Lucene-java Wiki] Update of "TestIdeas" by simonwillnauer

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Lucene-java Wiki" for change notification.

The "TestIdeas" page has been changed by simonwillnauer.
http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/TestIdeas?action=diff&rev1=6&rev2=7

   1. MockAnalyzer should mixup how it randomly puts payloads in tokens; some tokens should have no payloads, others should have variable sized ones (today we always get 6 bytes I think)
   1. Jenkins should print all seeds when it runs; eg a test may pass but could run really slowly which could indicate a perf bug
   1. JVM should with "dump heap on OOME"
+  1. ant test should try to create temp directories on different disks if multiple are available to find races if disk IO is really slow / really fast. Some testing machines have multiple disks from SSDs to old spinning ones.