Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/06 12:54:40 UTC

Docs on TLF composition?

While working on TLF, I constantly forget the finer points of the composition flow. It's highly inefficient to constantly step through the code to figure out exactly what happens when and by what.

I'm thinking of putting together a doc which specifies the flow and how all the classes work together. Before I do this, I'm wondering if anyone knows of any documentation explaining the architecture.

Harbs

Re: Docs on TLF composition?

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
OK, I stand corrected.  I didn't think TLF had its own scrollrect code.

IIRC, accessing ScrollRect turns on clipping logic in the player and slows
down rendering enough to want to avoid it.

Re: Docs on TLF composition?

Posted by jude <fl...@gmail.com>.

Re: Docs on TLF composition?

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.

Re: Docs on TLF composition?

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Re: Docs on TLF composition?

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.

Re: Docs on TLF composition?

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Re: Docs on TLF composition?

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.

Re: Docs on TLF composition?

Posted by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com>.
I am asking because I am working on migration current TLF tests to Flex Unit
4. I have migrated 13 classes already, but more than 50 left. :) Once you
finish your work you could look into my migrated test, (FlexUnit4TestsTLF
branch) and I will also take a look into your code an try to write some
tests.

I hope to resolve soon couple of problems witch left me with building by ant
migrated tests and I will push everything into develop branch.

Let's stay in touch. :)
Piotr

-----
Apache Flex Committer
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Re: Docs on TLF composition?

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.
We need unit tests, but I’m really inexperienced with doing that.

I could really use help with that…

Re: Docs on TLF composition?

Re: Docs on TLF composition?

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.
I think the doc is coming together. I'd love to get some feedback on how I'm doing…

Is it clear enough to understand? Suggestions on how to improve it? Other areas I should be covering?

Harbs

Re: Docs on TLF composition?

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.

Re: Docs on TLF composition?