Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Bronagh McElduff <Br...@mobilecohesion.com> on 2006/01/10 12:10:57 UTC

Cross-platform test plan support

Hi,

I am developing JMeter test plans on Windows and wish to execute them
from RedHat AS3.0.  However, when I try to open the Windows-developed
test plan on the Linux system, I observe the following error.

All help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Bronagh
---- Debugging information ----
required-type       : java.text.DecimalFormat
cause-message       : null
class               : org.apache.jmeter.testelement.property.ObjectProperty
message             : Could not call java.text.DecimalFormat.readObject()
line number         : 99
path                :
/jmeterTestPlan/hashTree/hashTree/hashTree/ResultCollector/objProp/value/formatter/java.text.DateFormat/default/numberFormat/java.text.DecimalFormat/default/maximumFractionDigits
cause-exception     : java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
-------------------------------
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.SerializationMethodInvoker.callReadObject(SerializationMethodInvoker.java:75)
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.SerializableConverter.unmarshal(SerializableConverter.java:360)
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convertAnother(TreeUnmarshaller.java:38)
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.ReferenceByXPathUnmarshaller.convertAnother(ReferenceByXPathUnmarshaller.java:39)
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.SerializableConverter$2.defaultReadObject(SerializableConverter.java:330)
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.SerializableConverter.unmarshal(SerializableConverter.java:363)
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convertAnother(TreeUnmarshaller.java:38)
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.ReferenceByXPathUnmarshaller.convertAnother(ReferenceByXPathUnmarshaller.java:39)
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.ReflectionConverter.unmarshal(ReflectionConverter.java:100)
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convertAnother(TreeUnmarshaller.java:38)
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.ReferenceByXPathUnmarshaller.convertAnother(ReferenceByXPathUnmarshaller.java:39)
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.ReflectionConverter.unmarshal(ReflectionConverter.java:100)
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convertAnother(TreeUnmarshaller.java:38)
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.ReferenceByXPathUnmarshaller.convertAnother(ReferenceByXPathUnmarshaller.java:39)
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.AbstractCollectionConverter.readItem(AbstractCollectionConverter.java:82)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.save.converters.TestElementConverter.unmarshal(TestElementConverter.java:92)
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convertAnother(TreeUnmarshaller.java:38)
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.ReferenceByXPathUnmarshaller.convertAnother(ReferenceByXPathUnmarshaller.java:39)
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.AbstractCollectionConverter.readItem(AbstractCollectionConverter.java:82)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.save.converters.HashTreeConverter.unmarshal(HashTreeConverter.java:86)
[...]
org.apache.jmeter.save.ScriptWrapperConverter.unmarshal(ScriptWrapperConverter.java:90)
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convertAnother(TreeUnmarshaller.java:38)
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.ReferenceByXPathUnmarshaller.convertAnother(ReferenceByXPathUnmarshaller.java:39)
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.start(TreeUnmarshaller.java:99)
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.ReferenceByXPathMarshallingStrategy.unmarshal(ReferenceByXPathMarshallingStrategy.java:12)
        at com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.unmarshal(XStream.java:521)
        at com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.unmarshal(XStream.java:509)
        at com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.fromXML(XStream.java:475)
        at org.apache.jmeter.save.SaveService.loadTree(SaveService.java:260)
        at org.apache.jmeter.gui.action.Load.doAction(Load.java:93)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.gui.action.ActionRouter.performAction(ActionRouter.java:76)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.gui.action.ActionRouter.access$000(ActionRouter.java:44)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.gui.action.ActionRouter$1.run(ActionRouter.java:61)
        at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:178)
        at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:201)
        at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:151)
        at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:145)
        at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:137)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:100)
        at

Re: Cross-platform test plan support

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Thanks.

That suggests that the JMX file contents depends on the JVM used to generate it.
I guess we ought to look at that futher.

S.

Posted by Bronagh McElduff <Br...@mobilecohesion.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bronagh McElduff <Br...@mobilecohesion.com>.