Posted to users@marmotta.apache.org by Gary Bickford <ga...@spacefinancegroup.com> on 2016/05/03 22:23:10 UTC

Possible memory leaks?

I'm a newbie with Marmotta, not sure if I should post here or dev. We
have a new installation of Marmotta 3.3.0. The sysadmin has sent me a
file with almost 100 memory leak warnings, and wants me to do something
about it.

This is right after installation and configuration, when we were tuning
for security and database access issues, which required restarting
Tomcat a number of times.  So I'm hoping that this is just a short-term
artifact of bouncing the Tomcat server, which we were doing to cause
either both Tomcat and Marmotta configuration files to be read.  Am I
wrong? (And is there a better way?)

The log data was generated by running 'grep SEVERE
/var/log/tomcat7/catalina.out'.

While I found no recent references to Marmotta memory leaks, I've found
several references to memory leak warnings from Tomcat6 and Tomcat7.
They seem to say that if these warnings are happening when the server is
being shutdown, they are not a problem. Is that true?

Thanks for any advice, opinions, etc. :)

Re: Possible memory leaks?

Posted by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org>.
Hi Gary,

could that be related with
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MARMOTTA-624 ?

Considering reporting an issue to Jira with the details provided by your
sysadmin, including Java/Tomcat concrete versions.

Thanks.

--
Sergio Fernández
Partner Technology Manager