Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Marcus Beyer <mb...@thomas-daily.de> on 2007/03/15 12:27:14 UTC

CompatibilityMatrix

Hello all,

after trying wildest combinations of MyFaces and Tomahawk,
I finally discovered <http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/
CompatibilityMatrix>.

My question: why on earth is this important page not linked from
<http://myfaces.apache.org/tomahawk/> after the sentence
"Of course the custom components can also be used with the Apache
MyFaces JSF implementation."??

I strongly recommend to do so.

Another interesting question is: don't we also need a
CompatibilityMatrix for JSR RI with Tomahawk? I e.g. did not
manage to get all Tomahawk components to work with JSF RI.
<t:commandSortHeader> didn't work ...

cheers
Marcus

Re: CompatibilityMatrix

Posted by Marcus Beyer <mb...@thomas-daily.de>.
Am 19.03.2007 um 13:08 schrieb Werner Punz:

> Sorry for not answering, no arrogance can be found here,
> it probably somehow drowned in the number of posts, sorry for that.

No problem :) I just didn't know if my desperation in that moment
could have been interpreted as aggression. Also I am no English
native speaker ...

> And you are right, the Matrix needs to be linked from the main site.

As I see, Matthias did today :) Thanks for that!

Re: CompatibilityMatrix

Posted by Jeff Bischoff <jb...@klkurz.com>.
Wendy made the matrix after some problems were discovered during the
MyFaces Core 1.1.4 release process, which involved compatibility with
the trunk. She probably didn't have time to add it to the main site.
Glad Matze got it there now. ;)

Re: CompatibilityMatrix

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmail.com>.

Re: CompatibilityMatrix

Posted by Marcus Beyer <mb...@thomas-daily.de>.
Am 19.03.2007 um 17:14 schrieb Marcus Beyer:

>> Regarding the RI, I'd like to see that matrix :)
>
> Yes, that would be helpful.
> The quest is if someone has time to create one ;)

Sorry, I meant: "The question" ...

Re: CompatibilityMatrix

Posted by Marcus Beyer <mb...@thomas-daily.de>.
Am 19.03.2007 um 12:58 schrieb Matthias Wessendorf:

> thanks for the matrix, I'll add the link to the tomahawk page.

Great. You're welcome :)

> Regarding the RI, I'd like to see that matrix :)

Yes, that would be helpful.
The quest is if someone has time to create one ;)

> Can you file bugs for every component, not working?

I will — the next time I try the RI.
For the moment I stick with MyFaces ...
Currently I have no time for experiments :/

> Feel free to create them as blocker.

*g*

Re: CompatibilityMatrix

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
Hello Marcus,

thanks for the matrix, I'll add the link to the tomahawk page.

Regarding the RI, I'd like to see that matrix :)
Can you file bugs for every component, not working?
Feel free to create them as blocker.

Thanks,
Matthias

--