Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.org> on 2002/08/12 15:48:35 UTC

XPath selector or XPath matcher

Hi

Is anybody working on a XPath selector or XPath matcher?

I have situations where I would like to select the pipeline or
at least the XSLT depending on the value of an attribute within the
generated XML.

Thanks

Michael

Re: XPath selector or XPath matcher

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
Michael Wechner wrote:
 > Hi
 >
 > Is anybody working on a XPath selector or XPath matcher?
 >
 > I have situations where I would like to select the pipeline or
 > at least the XSLT depending on the value of an attribute within the
 > generated XML.
 >
 > Thanks
 >
 > Michael

Why don't you use pure XSLT?

An example:

<data media="printer">
     <bla/>
</data>

XSLT:

<xsl:stylesheet>

<xsl:import href="printer.xsl"/>
<xsl:import href="pc-browser.xsl"/>
<xsl:import href="pda-browser.xsl"/>

</xsl:stylesheet>

printer.xsl:

<xsl:stylesheet>

<xsl:template match="data[@media='printer']">
</xsl:template>

<xsl:stylesheet>

pc-browser.xsl:

<xsl:stylesheet>

<xsl:template match="data[@media='pc']">
</xsl:template>

<xsl:stylesheet>

and so on. The rest stays the same.

Regards,

Joerg

--

System Development
VIRBUS AG

RE: XPath selector or XPath matcher

Posted by Artur Bialecki <ar...@digitalfairway.com>.
If you want to do it with the current system you
can:
1 - create an action that processes you XSP and stores
  it as DOM on the request, similar to ServerPagesAction
2 - create an action that given XPath will find the
  node/attribute in a stored DOM and return it's value
  as a sitemap parameter.
3 - use the sitemap parameter for your logic.
4 - have a generator that serializes the stored DOM
    into sax events, similar to SessionAttributeGenerator.

Artur...