Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Ben Laurie <be...@gonzo.ben.algroup.co.uk> on 1996/10/31 12:08:31 UTC

Documentation

I'm about to add the online documentation to the source tree. What I plan to do
is to create a top-level directory, "manuals", and populate it with an exact
copy (well, nearly exact - there's a couple of soft links in the originals, and
you can't CVS a soft link!) of the online docs. No doubt we'll want to
rearrange things, but this seems like the correct way to start the process.

I'll hold off actually doing it until this evening, so let me know if anyone
has any problem with this.

Cheers,

Ben.

Re: patch for mod_rewrite.c to work with SSL

Posted by Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>.
On Thu, 31 Oct 1996, Michael Smith wrote:
> OK here's my patch to make mod_rewrite work with SSL.  First I had to
> change the line in Configuration from
>
> Module rewrite_module mod_rewrite.c

> Module rewrite_module mod_rewrite.o
>
> And make the changes as shown in the attachement

While minor changes to mod_rewrite can probably be made and committed in the
Apache cvs tree (for example, I cleaned up a bunch of -Wall warnings related to
constification of the code), it would probably be best if Ralf himself were
coordinating further functionality development on mod_rewrite.c, and then
giving us new versions as they are produced (or best of all, patches).  Ralf's
address is rse@engelschall.com.

Ralf, is this consistant with what you want?

	Brian

patch for mod_rewrite.c to work with SSL

Re: Documentation

Posted by Alexei Kosut <ak...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>.
On Thu, 31 Oct 1996, Ben Laurie wrote:

> I'm about to add the online documentation to the source tree. What I plan to do
> is to create a top-level directory, "manuals", and populate it with an exact
> copy (well, nearly exact - there's a couple of soft links in the originals, and
> you can't CVS a soft link!) of the online docs. No doubt we'll want to
> rearrange things, but this seems like the correct way to start the process.
>
> I'll hold off actually doing it until this evening, so let me know if anyone
> has any problem with this.

I'm concerned about exactly how this works - if I commit a change,
does it update the documents in the www.apache.org document root as
well? If not, how do those docs get updated, since that is, after all,
the point of the exercise (to maintain the docs on the web page).

Alexei Kosut <ak...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>      The Apache HTTP Server