Posted to user@poi.apache.org by "Dilley, Hara" <ha...@sunesis.com> on 2005/10/27 00:28:30 UTC

The Poi quick guide has the following code for loading an image
patriarch.createPicture(anchor, loadPicture( "src/resources/logos/logoKarmokar4.png", wb ));

I have downloaded poi 3.0 and I get the message that the method loadPicture is not defined.
What version of poi is the quick guide written for? I thought 3.0 is the latest poi version.

where can I find the method loadPicture?
Has anyone been successful in importing an image from a file into a spreadsheet using poi?

Thanks

extracting an image from a word document

Posted by Shantanu Chakraborty <sh...@trigent.com>.
I have a requirement to extract images from a Microsoft Word Document using
POI. Can someone tell me how to do this using POI?

thanks
Shantanu

Re: loading an image

Posted by Andreas Korthaus <ak...@web.de>.
Dilley, Hara wrote:

>The Poi quick guide has the following code for loading an image
>patriarch.createPicture(anchor, loadPicture( "src/resources/logos/logoKarmokar4.png", wb ));
>
>I have downloaded poi 3.0 and I get the message that the method loadPicture is not defined.
>What version of poi is the quick guide written for? I thought 3.0 is the latest poi version.

It's not a POI methode, it's a methode from an example (took me some
time to find that out ;-))

Look at the following example-code:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-poi/src/examples/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/usermodel/examples/OfficeDrawing.java?rev=1.5&view=markup

>Has anyone been successful in importing an image from a file into a spreadsheet using poi?

I could import images as shown in the example, but I couldn't add them
with 100% size (1:1 pixels).(
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.jakarta.poi.user/7088 )
If you or someone else knows a way how to do it, I'd be very happy for a
hint!

For now I had to switch to http://jexcelapi.sourceforge.net/ which
solves this and some other problems for me (shared formulas, get
RGB-color from cell).

best regards
Andreas

PS: there are more useful examples: