Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Kevin Puscas <ke...@nitorgroup.com> on 2014/07/09 16:26:13 UTC

maxDnsProblemRetries doesn't seem to work

I have a test scenario where a email target on another server requires multiple DNS retries before an MX record can be found.  I tried setting the maxDnsProblemRetries parameter on the RemoteDelivery maiilet but that seemed to have no effect. When I  looked at the code for the RemoteDelivery mailet and walked through with the remote debugger,  it appears as if the dns can’t be resolved (targetServers =0) it always throws a permanent exception in the deliver method and therefore won’t retry again. I’m not sure if this is a bug or if I am missing an additional configuration some where else.

thanks
--
Kevin Puscas
Principal

Re: maxDnsProblemRetries doesn't seem to work

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.
Sounds like a bug.
Better log it for future solving
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JAMES

If you can debug it, maybe you can solve it and submit a patch?