Posted to dev@ws.apache.org by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/30 11:33:57 UTC

[VOTE] Establish Synapse as a TLP with the following board resolution

Synapse devs, WS PMCers, I'd like to vote to go to the board with the
resolution to establish Synapse as a TLP

[] +1 - Propose the following resolution to the board
[] -1 - I do not approve of this resolution - and here are my reasons

Establish Apache Synapse Top Level Project

WHEREAS, the Board of Directors deems it to be in the best interests of the
Foundation and consistent with the Foundation's purpose to establish a
Project Management Committee charged with the creation and maintenance of
open-source software related to creating an extensible service bus runtime,
capable of receiving, routing, transforming, mediating and monitoring
messages and service interactions in differing formats over multiple
protocols, for distribution at no charge to the public.

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that a Project Management Committee (PMC),
to be known as "Apache Synapse Project", be and hereby is established
pursuant to Bylaws of the Foundation; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache Synapse Project be and hereby is responsible for
the creation and maintenance of an extensible service bus runtime and of any
such extensions based on this runtime; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache Synapse" be and hereby
is created, the person holding such office to serve at the direction of the
Board of Directors as the chair of the Apache Synapse Project, and to have
primary responsibility for management of the projects within the scope of
responsibility of the Apache Synapse Project; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the persons listed immediately below be and hereby are
appointed to serve as the initial members of the Apache Synapse Project:

   -

   Paul Fremantle <pzf AT apache DOT org>
   -

   Ant Elder <antelder AT apache DOT org>
   -

   Deepal Jayasinghe <deepal AT apache DOT org>
   -

   Asankha Perera <asankha AT apache DOT org>
   -

   Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk AT apache DOT org>
   -

   Ruwan Linton <ruwan AT apache DOT org>
   -

   Rajith Attapattu <rajith AT apache DOT org>
   -

   Tijs Rademakers <tijs AT apache DOT org>
   -

   Glen Daniels <gdaniels AT apache DOT org>
   -

   Eran Chinthaka <chinthaka AT apache DOT org>

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Paul Fremantle be appointed to
the office of Vice President, Apache Synapse, to serve in accordance with
and subject to the direction of the Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the
Foundation until death, resignation, retirement, removal or
disqualification, or until a successor is appointed; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache Synapse Project be and hereby is tasked with the
migration and rationalization of the Apache Web Services Synapse subproject;
and be it further

RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache Web Services
subproject encumbered upon the Apache Web Services Project are hereafter
discharged
--
Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
paul@wso2.com

Re: [VOTE] Establish Synapse as a TLP with the following board resolution

Posted by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>.
+1

--Glen

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
And here is my +1

> [X] +1 - Propose the following resolution to the board
> [] -1 - I do not approve of this resolution - and here are my reasons

Paul

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
And here is my +1

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me.

   ...ant

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
This vote has been open for a while now, so I'm going to call it.
The vote has passed with 10 +1s, no 0s, no -1s.

Paul
Tom
Oleg
Asankha
Upul
Chathura
Deepal
Glen
Ant
Ruwan

Paul

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tom Jordahl <tj...@adobe.com>.
+1

--
Tom Jordahl
Adobe

________________________________

Posted by Ruwan Linton <ru...@gmail.com>.
[x] +1 - Propose the following resolution to the board

Thanks,
Ruwan

--
Ruwan Linton

Re: [VOTE] Establish Synapse as a TLP with the following board resolution

Posted by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>.
+1

--Glen

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.

Posted by Upul Godage <up...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com>.
[x] +1 - Propose the following resolution to the board

-Deepal

Posted by Chathura Ekanayake <cc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com>.

Posted by Tom Jordahl <tj...@adobe.com>.