Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Mark Stang <ms...@pingidentity.com> on 2006/05/02 00:53:57 UTC

3.x timeouts?

Hi,
I am posting this to the Developer list because I need to understand what is happening under the covers.  I have a component that has an ArrayList passed into it as "custom".

I display the ArrayList using a Foreach.  I have "edit links".  They are DirectLinks.  If I wait about 6 minutes and then click on a link I get a null pointer exception.  I have tracked the NPE to be because array list is null.  However, the component drew the list and the links that I am clicking.  So, where did my list go?

thanks,

Mark

Re: 3.x timeouts?

Posted by john mcteague <jo...@gmail.com>.
This sounds very similar to problem I had were we passed a listener into a
component that was mistakenly passed as 'in'. If you left it a few minutes
before clicking the button that invoked the listener, our listener would be
null. This was solved by (correctly) using auto.

Do you really need to use custom? Ive found that even for my most complex
apps, in and auto are the only two directions I have ever needed to use.

RE: 3.x timeouts?

Re: 3.x timeouts?

Posted by Nick Westgate <ni...@key-planning.co.jp>.
Hi Mark.