Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Tom Rushworth <tj...@twc.com> on 2021/08/11 06:10:44 UTC

Documentation and Screen Splitting

Is there documentation somewhere that covers the basics of Netbeans?
Each time I have tried to find out how something works, I can't find any
documentation. My current problem is that I want to split my window
horizontally and put a different file in each window.  I know how to
split the screen, but how do I open a file in either window??

Tom

Re: Documentation and Screen Splitting

Posted by Tom Rushworth <tj...@twc.com>.
Thank you. Now I understand.  I do not split my window.  I just drag and
drop a tab  on the right  side and the screen will split.

Tom

Posted by Patrik Karlström <pa...@trixon.se>.

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 11 Aug 2021, 20:14 Tom Rushworth, <tj...@twc.com> wrote:

> OK Clearly I don't know what I'm doing.  None of the previous suggestions
> work for me.  I split my window using either the View Or Window drop
> downs.  When I do, the open file appears in both windows and nothing I do
> changes the content of only one window.

Are you using New Document Tab Group?

Best wishes,

Neil

Re: Documentation and Screen Splitting

Posted by Tom Rushworth <tj...@twc.com>.

Posted by James Ostrowick <ja...@ostrowick.co.za>.

Posted by Andreas Reichel <an...@manticore-projects.com>.
Greetings!

On Wed, 2021-08-11 at 02:10 -0400, Tom Rushworth wrote:
> I know how to split the screen, but how do I open a file in either
> window??

Focus on the side of the split-pane, where you want to open your new
file in (e. g. click on the content pane with the mouse), then open
your file.
Or in other words: your file will be opened in the part of the split-
pane, which has the cursor.

Best regards
Andreas