Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> on 2016/05/24 16:09:55 UTC

[FalconJX] Extern builds use patch files instead of replace tasks

Hi,

I just pushed changes so the Extern SWC builds use patch files to modify
the extern sources instead of running tons of replace tasks on them.  I
added make_patch targets to the extern builds so you can generate the
patch file if changes are needed.  Using patch files will mean that the
Maven build can make the same changes instead of having to run its own
replace plug-in.

Let me know if you find any breakages.
-Alex

AW: [FalconJX] Extern builds use patch files instead of replace tasks

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Alex,

so I finally had some time to look at the patch files. I do have a small problem with them. Currently the patch path starts from the flexjs projects root directory. This will probably work for the Ant build, but in order to use this in the maven build, I would prefer them to be relative to the src directory in the downloaded archive. I did a short replace and was able to work with the patches, even if I did get some errors ... will investigate them now.

Chris

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Looking into it.

Posted by Peter Ent <pe...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.
I just checked out the repo, wiped, cleaned, and got the same error.

On May 24, 2016, at 10:31 PM, Peter Ent <pe...@adobe.com> wrote:

> The flex-asjs build is still failing, same place, same reasons. I pulled
> flex-falcon and ran 'ant all' on it and when the flex-asjs build failed, I
> went back to flex-falcon and ran 'ant externs' thinking 'all' didn't
> include externs. But that didn't make any difference.
>
> I thought I was following the maven/externs discussion, but I guess I
> missed something. Is there another step involved? I can see that
> flex-falcon/externs/createjs/target/createjs.swc has been built.
>
> —peter
>

> On 5/24/16, 3:10 PM, "Alex Harui" <ah...@adobe.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks for finding that.  I think I fixed it so pull and try again.
>>
>> -Alex
>>
>> On 5/24/16, 11:45 AM, "Peter Ent" <pe...@adobe.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I sync'd flex-falcon and ran 'ant wipe-all' followed by 'ant all' on it.
>>> Clean build. I then sync'd flex-asjs and ran 'ant' on it. It is failing
>>> executing compile-js-swc target in the CreateJS project. See partial
>>> error
>>> list below.
>>>
>>> The errors indicate, to me, that the CreateJS Extern SWC wasn't built, or
>>> wasn't found. I'm not quite sure what to look for now with these changes
>>> to the externs.
>>>
>>> ‹peter
>>>
>>> compile-js-swc:
>>>    [echo] Compiling target/CreateJS.swc
>>>    [echo] FLEX_HOME: /Users/pent/dev/flex-asjs
>>>    [echo] FALCON_HOME:
>>> /Users/pent/dev/flex-asjs/../flex-falcon/compiler
>>>   [mkdir] Created dir:
>>> /Users/pent/dev/flex-asjs/frameworks/js/FlexJS/projects/CreateJSJS/target
>>>   [compc] Loading configuration:
>>> /Users/pent/dev/flex-asjs/frameworks/js/FlexJS/projects/CreateJSJS/src/ma
>>> /config/compile-js-config.xml
>>>   [compc]
>>>   [compc]
>>> /Users/pent/dev/flex-asjs/frameworks/projects/CreateJS/src/main/flex/org/
>>> p

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.
Try ant wipe all.

I think that clears out everything.

Posted by Peter Ent <pe...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Peter Ent <pe...@adobe.com>.
I sync'd flex-falcon and ran 'ant wipe-all' followed by 'ant all' on it.
Clean build. I then sync'd flex-asjs and ran 'ant' on it. It is failing
executing compile-js-swc target in the CreateJS project. See partial error
list below.

The errors indicate, to me, that the CreateJS Extern SWC wasn't built, or
wasn't found. I'm not quite sure what to look for now with these changes
to the externs.

‹peter

compile-js-swc:
     [echo] Compiling target/CreateJS.swc
     [echo] FLEX_HOME: /Users/pent/dev/flex-asjs
     [echo] FALCON_HOME: /Users/pent/dev/flex-asjs/../flex-falcon/compiler
    [mkdir] Created dir:
/Users/pent/dev/flex-asjs/frameworks/js/FlexJS/projects/CreateJSJS/target
    [compc] Loading configuration:
/Users/pent/dev/flex-asjs/frameworks/js/FlexJS/projects/CreateJSJS/src/main
/config/compile-js-config.xml
    [compc]
    [compc]
/Users/pent/dev/flex-asjs/frameworks/projects/CreateJS/src/main/flex/org/ap