Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by "Bhupathi, Ramakrishna" <ra...@hp.com> on 2014/07/29 20:16:04 UTC

No such file or directory

Folks,

Can you help me with this ? I am not sure why I am getting this  “No such file or directory” for every hdfs command I use. The Hadoop deamons are running.

The /home/hduser/mydata directory has been formatted by the NameNode.

hduser@hadoop-master:~/mydata$ hdfs dfs -ls ./hdfs/
14/07/29 18:12:48 WARN util.NativeCodeLoader: Unable to load native-hadoop library for your platform... using builtin-java classes
where applicable
ls: `./hdfs/': No such file or directory
hduser@hadoop-master:~/mydata$ pwd
/home/hduser/mydata
hduser@hadoop-master:~/mydata$ hdfs dfs -ls /home/hduser/mydata
14/07/29 18:13:19 WARN util.NativeCodeLoader: Unable to load native-hadoop library for your platform... using builtin-java classes
where applicable
ls: `/home/hduser/mydata': No such file or directory
hduser@hadoop-master:~/mydata$

--RamaK

Re: No such file or directory

Posted by Rich Haase <rd...@gmail.com>.
Try the same commands, but set the config path.

e.g.

$ hadoop --config /path/to/hdfs/config/dir dfs ...

--
*Kernighan's Law*
definition, not smart enough to debug it."

Re: No such file or directory

Posted by Rich Haase <rd...@gmail.com>.

Re: No such file or directory

Posted by Ravi Mutyala <ra...@hortonworks.com>.
Check if there is /home/hduser (hdfs dfs -ls /home/hduser). I think it does
not exist. Hadoop 2 does not create a subdirectory if parent directory does
not exist.

Also, look for /user which is where hdfs looks for 'home' directories for
users.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: No such file or directory

Posted by Ravi Mutyala <ra...@hortonworks.com>.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: No such file or directory

Posted by Ravi Mutyala <ra...@hortonworks.com>.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: No such file or directory

Posted by Ravi Mutyala <ra...@hortonworks.com>.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

RE: No such file or directory

Posted by "Bhupathi, Ramakrishna" <ra...@hp.com>.
I suspect there is  something more fundamental… I am using Hadoop 2.2  .

hduser@hadoop-master:~$ hdfs dfs -mkdir /home/hduser/dir1
14/07/29 20:10:30 WARN util.NativeCodeLoader: Unable to load native-hadoop library for your platform... using builtin-java classes
where applicable
mkdir: `/home/hduser/dir1': No such file or directory
hduser@hadoop-master:~$ hadoop fs -mkdir /home/hduser/dir1
14/07/29 20:10:51 WARN util.NativeCodeLoader: Unable to load native-hadoop library for your platform... using builtin-java classes

RE: No such file or directory

RE: No such file or directory

RE: No such file or directory

Re: No such file or directory