Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Mo Elwaisi <cc...@hotmail.com> on 2003/03/02 00:36:38 UTC

Help needed to set up Apache, PERL, PHP and MySQL

Hi

I have been tryin to set the following on a Linux machine for the last few
months, but i have been having problem, especialy with PERL and Apache 2. I
have been advised to use Apache 1.3.27!. i have formated the system and
installed Red Hat 8 once again but this time i did not include any packages
with the install except MySQL. Anyone could please spend a little bit of
time with helping me in order for me to perform this right. as i am really
becoming frustrusted with all the problems i have had!!!

Cheers

Mel

http://messenger.msn.co.uk

Re: Help needed to set up Apache, PERL, PHP and MySQL

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Mo Elwaisi wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have been tryin to set the following on a Linux machine for the last
> few months, but i have been having problem, especialy with PERL and
> Apache 2. I have been advised to use Apache 1.3.27!. i have formated the
> system and installed Red Hat 8 once again but this time i did not
> include any packages with the install except MySQL. Anyone could please
> spend a little bit of time with helping me in order for me to perform
> this right. as i am really becoming frustrusted with all the problems i
> have had!!!

If you were a bit more specific about your problems you could already be on
the way to having them resolved.

The modperl list is not a help-desk service, but a volunteer effort. Therefore
you don't ask someone first if they are willing to listen to your troubles,
but you simply go ahead and tell what your troubles are and if someone has the
right knowledge and time they will help you.

If you have more than one problem, please report them in separate bug reports.
To report problems you have to follow these guidelines:
mod_perl 1.0:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/help.html#How_to_Report_Problems
mod_perl 2.0:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/help/help.html#Reporting_Problems

Finally, this reply is not an invitation to email me privately. You must keep
all the discussions on the list unless requested otherwise.

Oh, and if you are willing to pay, I'm sure that you will be able to find more
than one person on that list, that will provide the help-desk-like service for
you.