Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Ertio Lew <er...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/09 19:04:32 UTC

Specifying row caching on per query basis ?

Is there any way to specify on per query basis(like we specify the
Consistency level), what rows be cached while you're reading them,
from a row_cache enabled CF. I believe, this could lead to much more
efficient use of the cache space!!( if you use same data for different
features/ parts in your application which have different caching
needs).

Re: Specifying row caching on per query basis ?

Posted by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 2:43 PM, Ertio Lew <er...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is this under consideration for future releases ? or being thought about!?
>

> On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 12:56 AM, Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Currently there is not.
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 12:04 PM, Ertio Lew <er...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Is there any way to specify on per query basis(like we specify the
>>> Consistency level), what rows be cached while you're reading them,
>>> from a row_cache enabled CF. I believe, this could lead to much more
>>> efficient use of the cache space!!( if you use same data for different
>>> features/ parts in your application which have different caching
>>> needs).
>>>

>> --
>> Jonathan Ellis
>> Project Chair, Apache Cassandra
>> co-founder of DataStax, the source for professional Cassandra support
>> http://www.datastax.com

I have mentioned a suggested implemented inside this issue.

Re: Specifying row caching on per query basis ?

Posted by buddhasystem <po...@bnl.gov>.
Jonathan, what if the data is really homogeneous, but over a long period of
time. I decided that the users who hit the database for recent past should
have a better ride. Splitting into a separate CF also has costs, right?

In fact, if I were to go this way, do you think I can crank down the key
caches? If yes, down to what level, zero?

Thanks!

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ertio Lew <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.