Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Gautier DI FOLCO <ga...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/15 23:25:58 UTC

[users@httpd] Forcing to give username

I have an SVN repository requestable via Apache HTTPD Server 2.2.8. I want

allow anyone to update or commit on it but I want a committer name. So I
must

force the clients to provide an username but I don't want to check his
password.

I try this:

<Location /svn>
        DAV svn
        SVNParentPath /www/svn
        AuthName "SVN Auth"
        AuthType Basic
        Anonymous_NoUserId off
        Anonymous_MustGiveEmail off
        Anonymous_VerifyEmail off
        Anonymous_LogEmail off
        Require valid-user
</Location>

But it fails.

Have you got on idea on how to do this?

For your help,

Thanks by advance.

Re: [users@httpd] Forcing to give username

Posted by Gautier DI FOLCO <ga...@gmail.com>.
2012/10/16 lists-apache <re...@listmail.innovate.net>

> [...]
Thanks you, it works!
Here my configuration :

        AuthType Basic
        AuthName Jenkins
        AuthBasicProvider anon
        Anonymous *
        Require valid-user

Re: [users@httpd] Forcing to give username

Posted by Gautier DI FOLCO <ga...@gmail.com>.
2012/10/15 Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>

> On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 5:25 PM, Gautier DI FOLCO
> <ga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have an SVN repository requestable via Apache HTTPD Server 2.2.8. I
> want
> >
> > allow anyone to update or commit on it but I want a committer name. So I
> > must
> >
> > force the clients to provide an username but I don't want to check his
> > password.
> >
> > I try this:
> >
> > <Location /svn>
> >         DAV svn
> >         SVNParentPath /www/svn
> >         AuthName "SVN Auth"
> >         AuthType Basic
> >         Anonymous_NoUserId off
> >         Anonymous_MustGiveEmail off
> >         Anonymous_VerifyEmail off
> >         Anonymous_LogEmail off
> >         Require valid-user
> > </Location>
> >
> > But it fails.
>
> What happens specifically?  Isn't "AuthBasicProvider anon" required?

Thanks for your answer,

With this configuration, apache httpd asks me an username and a
password again and again and I can't access to my repository.
I will try "AuthBasicProvider anon".

Re: [users@httpd] Forcing to give username

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.